Food scales

Options
What food scale works best?

Replies

• crazymama2both
    crazymama2both Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    To each their own preference. I have a digital but I'm sure a good old fashion one would be more accurate?? I dont know as I havent ever had one of those.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Any digital scale with the tare feature that can weigh in grams and ounces. Doesn't need to be expensive or fancy.
  • luckynky
    luckynky Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I am cheap and just buy the cheaper digital scales. I had one from Walmart for around $20. It broke because I dropped it, so I just got a new one from Target for $20. Seems to work like a charm so far. Try to get one that tares- it will make your life so much easier.
  • Lathandria
    Lathandria Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I ordered mine off of Amazon for 8 dollars. Its digital and I love it and it works great. No need for a super overpriced fancy scale.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Any digital with a tare function, preferably one that weight in both ounces and grams (grams are more accurate).
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Almost any digital scale will do the job. The tare function (zeroes out the scale) is pretty much universal now. The only must have for me is that it must keep the unit setting, and the button to change it must be easy to access. If I have to flip it over ever time I turn it on to set it to grams, it's going in the trash.

The scale you actually use is the one that works best.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,986 Member
    Options
    To each their own preference. I have a digital but I'm sure a good old fashion one would be more accurate?? I dont know as I havent ever had one of those.

I've had both and a digital scale with a tare/zero function is far superior to my old Weight Watchers spring scale.