Help needed about calories

Options
Hi all just started today logged every thing in it says I should be eating 1450 I don't think I can't eat them all dose it matter if I don't reach that every day I was thinking sticking to 1200 would this help me loss quicker I am desperate to loss the weight x

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Typically people don't get in a situation where they need to lose weight if they can't manage to eat 1,450 calories. Have you radically changed your diet?

You would lose weight quicker if you eat less, but losing weight quickly isn't always the best. It's harder to sustain, it can lead to low energy, loss of muscle, and failure to meet nutritional needs.
  • linda31mfp
    linda31mfp Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I normally have a really bad diet so I have been and got lots of fish chicken and veg, fruit I don't eat brekkie and a very small dinner I normally eat lots of chocolate on a night time so haven't bought any so I won't eat it
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Eat at your MFP goal. If you are in a spot to need to lose weight, you can eat 1450 calories. It's not that much food at all. Don't focus on fast fat loss. Focus on permanent long term fat loss.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    linda31mfp wrote: »
    I normally have a really bad diet so I have been and got lots of fish chicken and veg, fruit I don't eat brekkie and a very small dinner I normally eat lots of chocolate on a night time so haven't bought any so I won't eat it

If you find it hard to eat 1,450 because you have cut all the calorie-dense foods out of your diet, consider adding some back. It wouldn't be hard to eat 250 more calories a day with a few calorie-dense foods. If you don't want to have chocolate, consider nuts, avocado, some type of grain, or salad dressing.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    MFP is awesome - I'd follow that. You want to eat as many cals as you can while losing weight. Don't be lured in by the thought that going super low cal will get you there faster - it might seem so at first, but it's really not sustainable. And you don't want to stop and start or yo-yo diet, right? No one does! It sucks!

As Jane said above, add more calorie dense foods if you find it hard to reach goal because you're eating healthier. raw almonds are awesome, so good for you, and a small portion gives you some good cals. Don't go with fat free or diet type foods - don't be afraid of fat, we NEED a certain amount of fat, and it's too many cals, not fat itself, that makes us fat anyway. :smile:

Nuts, avocados, butter (yes butter!), use olive or coconut oils, full fat (or at LEAST 2%) dairy, such as plain Greek yogurt drizzled with some honey and mixed with fresh berries, etc.

Food is fuel and you need good nutrition to have that strong healthy body, just remember it takes time to sort out and build the new habits.
  • linda31mfp
    linda31mfp Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you every one makes a lot of sense will eat all my calories tomorrow