Traveling and doing a weight training program. HELP!

Options
Lisa1971
Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
So I just started doing body beast and so far I LOVE it! However, I will be traveling a lot this summer and there's no way I will be able to bring all my dumb bells with me. What should I do? Any suggestions??

Thanks!

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    Options
    It would help if you told us what equipment you'll have available.

Also state your overall goal. :+1:
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    What kind of traveling are you going to be doing? If you'll be in a hotel, see if it has a gym. A lot of times you can find a picture of the hotel's gym online and then you could plan ahead a bit. I find that doing dumbbell complexes is usually a pretty easy way to get in a good workout at a hotel gym, since many have a tree of dumbbells rather than a barbell/rack. If the gym only has cardio machines, you could do cardio and bodyweight exercises. And bodyweight exercises can be done without a gym, of course.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Resistance bands!
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Use the hotel gym or see if any gyms in the area have a free trial period.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    hotel gym...it's likely you won't be able to follow your program exactly, but you can still get in some work. Training needs to be somewhat flexible.
  • questionfear
    questionfear Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    You could always pick up a TRX/Jungle Gym XT/similar suspension straps-they pack well and add a lot of dimensions to bodyweight workouts.
  • Lisa1971
    Options
    Actually I'm traveling to the Poconos with my family. No access to gyms or anything but I still want to continue my weight training dvds. Are there any adjustable weights or water filled weights out there? I'd like to lose 60lbs and keep muscle. Thanks!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Lisa1971 wrote: »
    Actually I'm traveling to the Poconos with my family. No access to gyms or anything but I still want to continue my weight training dvds. Are there any adjustable weights or water filled weights out there? I'd like to lose 60lbs and keep muscle. Thanks!

Empty milk jugs! Otherwise, look at the many good suggestions above. You don't have to lift a dumbbell or barbell to build strength. Also plan ahead for WHEN you are going to work out, I think this will be the bigger challenge.
  • Lisa1971
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone!