Jenniferables1967
Jenniferables1967 Posts: 2 Member
edited April 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
What does everyone eat during slumps that aren't a lot of calories

Replies

• capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I bake a lot. So I've experimented with making "healthy-ish" snacks like protein cake or balls. Low Cal but packed with good stuff. But I also like simple things like Apple slices with peanut butter or bananas.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    String cheese, nuts, wasabi peas, fudge pops, cottage cheese, hard boiled eggs, hummus & veggies, protein bars, Greek yogurt, beef or turkey jerky, popcorn, apples & peanut butter, fruit
  • Jenniferables1967
    Jenniferables1967 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    All excellent ideas---thanks y'all
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Fruit, nuts, trail mix, hummus and vegetables, and smoothies.
  • tugsandpulls760
    tugsandpulls760 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    jerky, yougrt, popcorn, protein bars , sugar free jello, popsicles, weight watchers icecream bars
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Celery, cucumber, pickles, baby carrots, popcorn(air popped), strawberries, melon.....
  • MissMonicaC4
    MissMonicaC4 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Mmm jerky
  • dashaclaire
    dashaclaire Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    cucumber slices with s&p and red wine vinegar, greek yogurt (mousse style is especially good and 80 cal), apple straws 130 cal, a hard boiled egg 70ish cal, melon, strawberries, sweet potato, fruit popsicles 110 cals,
  • gbebedoll570
    gbebedoll570 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    purple yam, almonds, banana, mango, edamame
  • sirenbhd1979
    sirenbhd1979 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love Hummus and veggies, I add a little hot sauce to my hummus for a kick and extra metabolism boost. Guacamole and veggies is also good. Just watch portions on the guac as it is pretty high in calories, but with healthy, satisfying fats and fiber. Nuts are good too as long as you stick to proper portions. If I'm craving something sweet I like 1/2c cottage cheese with a small apple chopped up in it, 1/4 tsp of cinnamon, and a Tbsp of slivered almonds. Homemade frozen yogurt or sorbet is good too, put 1 cup frozen fruit and 3oz greek yogurt in the food processor. Give it a quick buzz and in a couple minutes you have healthy froyo! You can add a tsp of raw honey if you need some sweetener. Pinterest has lots of great ideas and recipes!
  • Budjola
    Budjola Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    PB, quest bar
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of Greek yogurt, that's my usual afternoon snack. A little pb2 chocolate powder mixed in and maybe some chocolate chips. In the evening I like popcorn. String cheese is low calorie and high protein.
  • pdaul
    pdaul Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese and pineapple, Apple and string cheese, protein bar, skinny broccoli salad, trail mix
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    My new favorite find - Cucumber Dill Oppadipity Greek Yogurt dip with veggies. Yummy!
  • BellaNor
    BellaNor Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Anything I want so long as I weigh it and write down the calories.
  • VeganRaptor
    VeganRaptor Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I love dates stuffed with peanut butter :) They are so small but are an amazing pick me up! They seem to be so incredibly filling, haha. Great for those days when the celery just isn't cutting it ;)
  • ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    BellaNor wrote: »
    Anything I want so long as I weigh it and write down the calories.

This. I pre-log my days, including my afternoon snack. I make whatever sounds good that day fit (right now it's Dutch toast and cream cheese).
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    My go to snacks are kind brand granola bars (had to switch from Luna, the varieties at my local stores all have dairy and I'm working on cutting dairy out), hard boiled eggs with mustard, slim fast shakes (the bottled kind), and 100 calorie almond packs.
  • 2wise4u
    2wise4u Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, fruit, hummus, popcorn and roasted cauliflower. :blush:
  • Mapla
    Mapla Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Frozen grapes, mmmmmm.... :) x