Why do you workout ?

Options

Replies

• Frank_Jr
    Frank_Jr Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I work out to be the next UFC Heavyweight Champion.
  • Healthy4me4ever
    Healthy4me4ever Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    To have a better shape, to feel healthier, hopefully so I live longer. And because I enjoy it, nothing like a good workout to put a smile on my face.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    My main reason is because it's my me-time. It's really one of the only things I do for myself that I enjoy. I don't have any other hobbies. The side affects from it are all welcome too, lol.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    At first I worked out (mostly cardio) so that I could get my calories down to a minimum. After realizing that was an unhealthy lifestyle and I wasn't achieving the body of my dreams, I started lifting. It has become a lifestyle. I lift so that I can feel strong, so that I can constantly attempt to beat my personal best and better myself, so I can feel empowered and gain confidence through hard work and dedication.

​The motivation for the start of this all is a Croatian Yacht Week adventure that I'm going on in July with friends. A lot of the girls have had plastic surgery to better their figures, which had me feeling like I could never look even half as good as them. Now, even though they may appear "hotter," my confidence outweighs theirs because I know that I put hard work into my body and behind it is strength. ​
  • PamelaW41
    PamelaW41 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Honestly, vanity, I do it to look better. The healthy part is a bonus for me....the main motivation that sends me to the gym every day...vanity.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Yup, too look like that...

<~~~~
  • jhschwindt85
    jhschwindt85 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to wear a bikini again with confidence. I want to be healthy. I want to get rid of my disgusting gut that I have aquired over the past 10 years!
  • MJFSH
    MJFSH Posts: 7,252 Member
    Options
    To look and feel good, it's a major stress reliever, I like to challenge myself find my limits and try to break those limits
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Exercise is a weapon in my arsenal to use against depression and anxiety. I love the feeling I get after a good workout, and it usually stays with me throughout the day.
  • saramickeydee
    saramickeydee Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I started because I want to look good. I continue because I feel terrible, emotionally, when I don't. And I still want to look good.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    So I can eat and not gain weight.
    So I can hoof it up the stairs, run around, ride bikes, go swimming, go hiking, etc without feeling like I'm going to die.

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Cos I get high on the endorphins :smiley:

It makes me look and feel fit/healthy...and I get to eat loads more cals :smiley:
  • matthewcobbett367
    matthewcobbett367 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Beats depression, and I'm vain I want to look as good as I can as I'm now in my 40s.
  • tryingtolive1
    tryingtolive1 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Stress reliever, some anger management currently and healthy fit body are why I workout.
  • Frank_Jr
    Frank_Jr Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I workout in order to lift the Sun. B)
  • StephanieJane2
    StephanieJane2 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    To get out of the house, to look and feel better and eat more !
  • rabblescum
    rabblescum Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    To keep from stabing people.
  • Tallawah_
    Tallawah_ Posts: 2,471 Member
    Options
    I'm vain...there are fringe benefits, it's good for my health... it relieves stress...it's inspires my kids...blah blah blah but I really do it cos I'm vain! :wink: