I need help on building a workout rutine

Options
Gioeyebrow
Gioeyebrow Posts: 404 Member
edited April 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
My rutine is basically
1 day ill do like 3 difrent bicep workouts 6 sets and 6 of abs
Next day ill do the same but with triceps
And the third day the same but with chest then ill just rotate these every 3 days chould i be doing more sets? Or adding difrent exersices like back and neck? Or somthing and should biceps and triceps be 1 day? I have a workout bench with a bench weight and 2 gear dunbells that can go up to 30 each thanks

Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    My advice is to not try and build your own workout routine unless you are in top physical form and know exactly how to create a balanced routine/what your specific weaknesses are.

Any of the many many free routines out there should help you tremendously.

Stronglifts, Starting Strength, or head over to bodybuilding.com and check out their free routines section... etc.
  • Gioeyebrow
    Options
    Villae81 wrote: »
    What are you trying to do?

Im trying to get buff and tight lol
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    ^^^This. It takes years of experience to design an effective program. Find a pre-made one that fits your goals, and stick with it. When in doubt, just go with one of the beginner full-body barbells routines (such as those mentioned by @rainbowbow ), and figure out where to go next after you've spent a year on so on those.
  • Gioeyebrow
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    My advice is to not try and build your own workout routine unless you are in top physical form and know exactly how to create a balanced routine/what your specific weaknesses are.

Any of the many many free routines out there should help you tremendously.

Stronglifts, Starting Strength, or head over to bodybuilding.com and check out their free routines section... etc.

Thanks ill try that
  • clarkcompanero
    clarkcompanero Posts: 1,919 Member
    Options
    fluffygio wrote: »
    My rutine is basically
    1 day ill do like 3 difrent bicep workouts 6 sets and 6 of abs
    Next day ill do the same but with triceps
    And the third day the same but with chest then ill just rotate these every 3 days chould i be doing more sets? Or adding difrent exersices like back and neck? Or somthing and should biceps and triceps be 1 day? I have a workout bench with a bench weight and 2 gear dunbells that can go up to 30 each thanks

Do you want size, strength, or endurance

• clarkcompanero
    clarkcompanero Posts: 1,919 Member
    Options

High volume 10-12 reps that's what works well. If you can do more than 12 reps in a set bump the weight up
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

By only working biceps, triceps and abs?
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    If you insists on building your own program, at least make sure you have exercises for all the big muscle groups. So, legs, chest, back, shoulders, abs. The rest is pretty much optional, depending on whether you feel you need them, you are working them through your other exercises or not etc.
  • Gioeyebrow
    edited April 2016
    Options

By only working biceps, triceps and abs?

Lol i also walk 2-3 hours every day. i also do chest
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    @fluffygio

I would definitely look into finding a workout designed by someone who knows what they're doing. Lift 3 days, do cardio 3 days. Also, the abs are a muscle, they need rest too, stop doing them every day.
  • Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Yea find a structured workout. You need more compound lifting in your routine and less of the vanity lifts.
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Yea find a structured workout. You need more compound lifting in your routine and less of the vanity lifts.

Vanity lifts?
  • cgvet37
    Options
    As others have said, follow a structured routine.
  • Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    cgvet37 wrote: »

Vanity lifts?

Accessory lifts? I've heard them called both, not looking to get into a war of semantics. But essentially single muscle lifts rather then compound.

• cgvet37
    Options

Vanity lifts?

Accessory lifts? I've heard them called both, not looking to get into a war of semantics. But essentially single muscle lifts rather then compound.

Me neither. I just don't understand what people have against isolation exercises. They are very beneficial when combined with compound movements.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options

Vanity lifts?

Me neither. I just don't understand what people have against isolation exercises. They are very beneficial when combined with compound movements.

Lol. No one is hating on curls for the girls.
    You need more compound lifting in your routine and less of the vanity lifts.

...is what was written. Which is good advice. OP is literally doing bis, tris, and abs.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options

Vanity lifts?

i think this is the main problem. :P
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    12by311 wrote: »

Vanity lifts?

Lol. No one is hating on curls for the girls.
    You need more compound lifting in your routine and less of the vanity lifts.

...is what was written. Which is good advice. OP is literally doing bis, tris, and abs.

and chest... don't forget that!
  • Gioeyebrow
    Options
    Ok so i should be doing more muscles at once right?
    Should i be doing leg or not cuz i walk every day also i dont do much abs but i do, do them every day like 6 sets of 20 between 3 diferent sets of whatever muscle im doing nothing hard just crunches or leg lifts
  • ShodanPrime
    ShodanPrime Posts: 226 Member
    Options

Vanity lifts?

They're not useful in many cases. But man, those full body ego curls are so sweet.