My fitbit Charge won't hold a charge -- anyone else? Did you get a replacement, or just give up?

Options
I was very happy with my Charge until three days ago. It was so motivating!

But now, the battery no longer holds a charge for more than about 8 hours. I have followed all the suggestions on the website -- I use the correct charging device, I cleaned my fitbit, I reset it several times. It still quits on me by about 3:00 each afternoon.

It used to go 4 - 5 days on one charge.

That was a lot of money to spend for something that worked properly for only one month.

My question: how many of you have this issue? Did fitbit replace your Charge? Have you had problems with your new device? Should I just return it? I don't want to deal with the hassle of returning it if the new one will also be defective.

Replies

• agzram
    agzram Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I had issues with my Charge tearing away from the band and the scroll button fell out and I had to tap it to move through the screens which worked sporadically. I contacted Fitbit and they offered to replace for me. I ended up taking a coupon for a reduced price on the new Blaze which I love so far.

The Fitbit customer service was legit. I'd start there. Good luck!
  • Spike_G
    Spike_G Posts: 149 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    As agzram said, Fitbit's customer service is brilliant. Contact them and they will likely resolve it quickly.

FWIW I had the same band problem and they replaced it very quickly, other than that I've had no problems with holding a charge or functionality.
  • alegna79
    alegna79 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My husband has had wonderful experience with fit bit customer service and has had two devices replaced!! Definitely contact them!!
  • Ke11yJoAnne
    Ke11yJoAnne Posts: 7 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I have never had an issue with my ChargeHR and have worn it 24 hr/day since last September. My sister's had the button fall out after a month and found it always finicky with charging etc. They replaced it immediately for her with no grief.
  • mshelyla
    mshelyla Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Check to make sure the auto sync setting didn't turn on somehow. When mine was syncing I constantly throughout the day, I didn't hold a charge for even a full day. But once I turned that setting off and had it only sync when I told it to, it started holding the charge for days.
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I had an issue with my Charge strap breaking apart. Fitbit customer service was excellent, I had a replacement in my hands in 2 days.
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    I've had mine over a year, no problems. Did you buy a warranty? Mine is covered for two years, full replacement so long as I don't smash it with a hammer. Well worth the money. If mine breaks I'm replacing it for sure.
  • 7elizamae
    7elizamae Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone. Good news! Fitbit is sending me a new Charge. They say that I damaged the battery by leaving it in to charge all night. I thought that was odd -- I never saw any warning about the possibility of overcharging. But, the replacement is on the way!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    7elizamae wrote: »
    Thanks, everyone. Good news! Fitbit is sending me a new Charge. They say that I damaged the battery by leaving it in to charge all night. I thought that was odd -- I never saw any warning about the possibility of overcharging. But, the replacement is on the way!
    FitBit has the best customer service! Yay you!
  • chrisfwood
    chrisfwood Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    That is odd so when do you charge these things? Track your daily activity, set an alarm to get up to take it off charge.
  • 7elizamae
    7elizamae Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I saw so many recent complaints about the battery on new Charges on Amazon. It seems that perhaps they put out a defective product and are now backpedaling. I wonder if it was just a batch of bad batteries, because most of the my-battery-wont-hold-a-charge complaints are recent and related specifically to the Charges -- not all of the fit bits.
  • brigg9
    brigg9 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    This is strange, I've had mine for a month and it's been great. I wear it 24/7 and only need to charge it once every 4-5 days. I don't leave it on the charger though, once the battery is full I pull it from the charger. I'm not sure if that helps.

I would ask to replace it personally.
  • Spike_G
    Spike_G Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    7elizamae wrote: »
    . I wonder if it was just a batch of bad batteries, because most of the my-battery-wont-hold-a-charge complaints are recent and related specifically to the Charges -- not all of the fit bits.

Quite possible, even with the best QC it happens. Thankfully Fitbit have one of the best CS departments I've come across, which means faulty products are not much more than an inconvenience. B)