9 months to drop 90 lbs

Options
bears461
bears461 Posts: 10 Member
Hi All,

I have been obese since my young teen years and have been on the weight loss roller coaster ever since. I am happily married for 18 years with one daughter who is 8. My wife just shocked me with the news that I will be a father again in 9 months. I must get my weight under control and start being the healthy father and husband that I need to be. I hope that this site will allow me that opportunity.

Replies

• enlarsh
    enlarsh Posts: 67
    Options
    Welcome and congratulations! You can do anything you put your mind to and then you'll be able to chase your new little one all over the yard without huffing and puffing!
  • teanabean
    teanabean Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Well first of all, yay YOU for realizing its time to take your health into your own hands.

What I have found that helps me the most is to set mini goals for myself. Once I achieve those, they create a larger "whole" bigger goal.
  • bethabeeg
    bethabeeg Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! It takes deditcation but you can totally get to your goal if you have your heart and mind with it! I applaud you and welcome!
  • Cam_
    Cam_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome. Good for you making the choice to be healthier. You've come to the right place. You'll find that once you start watching calories consumed and calories burned, finding the correct combination to lose weight becomes a no-brainer.
    Good luck on your journey. You can do it. :glasses:
  • Tomhusker
    Tomhusker Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    You can do it, believe me.
  • aubreywygralak
    Options
    You can totally do it!!!! Just believe in yourself- and stay away from those evil cravings. I've been on this site now since May 1st and have lost almost 20 lbs (I'm 1 lb from it and weigh in with my trainer tomorrow). I'm planning to keep up with the 10 lbs a month loss. To do that I have a work out goal- I work out at least 5 times a week. I either go to the gym, take a walk, go swimming, do a dvd work out at home, play on the Wii.....basically just get moving. Welcome to a great site, with great people and info!!!!!
  • CharNordie
    CharNordie Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    90 pounds in 9 months is absolutely doable!!! That's so exciting.

I am not a "big" girl (my starting weight was 168) and I'm 5'3.5"....but I am proud to say I have successfully lost 34 pounds since April 2nd, 2011. I'm down to 134.

Take my success as proof that this site WORKS!!!
  • marniebigelow
    Options
    Ditto!! Good Luck!! :)
    Well first of all, yay YOU for realizing its time to take your health into your own hands.

What I have found that helps me the most is to set mini goals for myself. Once I achieve those, they create a larger "whole" bigger goal.
  • SheCantWeight
    SheCantWeight Posts: 36 Member
    Options

i agree with this if you take it one step at a time it all seems easier to achieve and instead of looking at how much more you have to go, you have mini-celebrations for yourself and your progress. Congrats on the baby and good luck with everything. this site is great for motivation. feel free to add.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Great news to hear :) Both about the new arrival and your resolution to get healthier! I believe if you try very hard, you can get very close to your goal of 90pounds lost or even surpass it!! Just try your very best each and every day. Before you know it, baby will be here and you will be thinner!
  • HeatherCanDoIt
    HeatherCanDoIt Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What a great reason to get healthy! Good luck on your journey!!!
  • cpauscher
    cpauscher Posts: 41
    Options
    Congratulations on the new baby. I'm so excited for you. A new life is always so special and so is his/her daddy for want to change his life. I'm excited for you also as you begin this journey. There's nothing like it. I've lost weight and feel so much better about myself. It will be fun to see where your journey leads. This is a great site for support and encouragement. It has great tools to help you succeed. If you would like to add me as a friend, you are most welcome to do so. Good luck.
  • TromaRon
    TromaRon Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and congratulations! 90 lbs in 9 months is a serious goal. But the important thing to keep in mind is that you're changing your habits and that as time goes by your fitness will reflect that. This site has worked well for me because I've continued to eat the foods I want, so I don't feel like I'm dieting or depriving myself. So it's easy to stick with it. But by staying under my allotted calories, I'm eating considerably less. And as my daily calories slowly decrease, the weight keeps coming off.
  • onmywaytoskinny155
    onmywaytoskinny155 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you!
  • ro_girl68
    ro_girl68 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    great goal :)
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey! If you believe it, you can achieve it (and other such cliches :smile: )

Congrats on the new baby that's coming. :heart:
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you and your wife.
    Now is the time for you all to start a healthy lifestyle together! YEAH
  • tracey2710
    tracey2710 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the news and good luck with the journey :smile:
  • soonersgirl
    soonersgirl Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Just take it day by day..each good choice leads to another one. You can do it!!!
  • amorgan101187
    Options
    im in the same boat i want to lose a total of 60 - 70lb from my beginning weight of 200, im now 188. I have a 15 month old and a 5 week old i want to be healthy for them not only so that they grow up to choose healthy choices themselves but also so i can keep up with them, play sports with them, and run after them constantly without getting out of breath