Slow cooker, low carb recipes

Options
Siobhan86x
Siobhan86x Posts: 19 Member
Hi, I am looking for some interesting low carb slow cooker recipes that I can prepare before school run.
Feel free to add me for positive support X

Replies

• Tweaking_Time
    Tweaking_Time Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I do pork loin or chicken breasts - seasoned for tacos - and shred them
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    Mix/ beat a bunch of eggs (how many is up to you), cheese, milk if you can stand a few carbs, onions, peppers, ham chunks, and hot sauce (optional). Put in a greased slow cooker on high for 2 hours. You will have scrambled eggs to feed several people.
  • Siobhan86x
    Options
    That sounds delish!
  • 2wise4u
    2wise4u Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    The eggs sound great! We love our crock pot and usually make a bean dish or stew that feeds our family of 3 for about 3-4 days (or until we get tired of it and store it in the freezer). :blush:
  • Siobhan86x
    Options
    I forgot I could prepare and freeze as well
  • Siobhan86x
    Options
    Thanks for your ideas
  • kpeterson539
    kpeterson539 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites has 3 ingredients:
    - chicken breast
    - can of Rotel
    - cheese (I've generally used Laughing Cow)

Once chicken is done, shred!
  • Siobhan86x
    Options
    Oo might add some chillies with that too
  • NewMEEE2016
    NewMEEE2016 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    If you go on to Pinterest, there are several thousand recipes. I like to put frozen chicken Breast in the crockpot on low until cooked and shred it. You can add whatever seasoning you like to it. I have also done chicken Fajitas in my crockpot. I cut up onion, green, red, yellow peppers on the bottom, sprinkle fajita seasoning on veggies, add frozen chicken breast and the rest of the fajita seasoning on top and cook on low for 8 hours. Once ready just shred the chicken. It is so very good!!! I didn't even need a tortilla.

I've been looking for a way to cook frozen chicken! How long do you cook it for? Do you add any liquid? THANKS!
  • Siobhan86x
    Options
    I wasn't sure if I could put frozen chicken in, thanks for the tip
  • jenngitch
    jenngitch Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I always use frozen chicken when using the crockpot. The last one I tried was a can of low sodium black beans, 1 can on whole kernel corn, 1 jar of salsa (I used mild) and 3 chicken breast. Was about 335 calories per serving (made 3 servings) and don't forget to weigh the chicken! cooked on low for 8 hours and yummmmy:)
  • ptsmiles
    ptsmiles Posts: 511 Member
    Options

Crockpot Cream Cheese ChickenServings 4 calories per serving
    3 Ingredients Edit Recipe

0.50 cup, 99% Fat Free Chicken Broth
    1 container (16 tbsp 30g ea.), Cream Cheese Spread
    1 Packet, Italian All Natural Salad Dressing & Recipe Mix - Packet

• lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    This is one of my favorites. I make it without the potatoes and over either roasted vegetables or spaghetti squash. http://www.skinnytaste.com/crock-pot-carne-guisada-latin-beef-stew/
  • wonko221
    wonko221 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I like to put a few savory bits in the crockpot with the protein. Typically rough chopped onions and carrots, a couple garlic cloves, and a dried chili pepper if i want heat. They'll all but dissolve, but will flavor the protein. I then put a couple pounds of chicken thigh, pork loin, or beef shoulder in there, sprinkle with kosher salt, and cook on low for 10 hours.

Note on protein: use something a bit fatty. Chicken breast will dry out when slow-cooked for so long. While it steeps in its juices, once you pull it out, i find its flavor lack-luster. Thighs are wonderful. For beef, don't buy "stew meat" - you pay extra for them to chop up a cheap cut. Use a shoulder roast, and it'll fall apart by the time it's done.

When the cook cycle is over, i add diced veggies: more onions, carrots, potatoes finely diced. Sliced mushrooms. Sliced/diced zucchini and squash. Tomatoes, cut (or at least skin broken for cherry/grape tomatoes). stir that in with seasoning (salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, cayenne, garlic salt.. to taste). leave it alone for about half an hour for those veggies and the seasoning to absorb in, stirring once or twice.

You end up with delicious meat and veggies to serve over rice, mashed potatoes, or noodles, or on its own.
  • Siobhan86x
    Options
    Oh wow that sounds amazing!! They all do
  • halphord
    halphord Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast and salsa verde. Cook and shred. Put in bowl with sour cream and cheese. Yum
  • halphord
    halphord Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Mississippi pot roast: chuck roast, one stick butter, one pack ranch dressing powder, one pack au jus, add some pepperoncini. Cook for 8 hours on low. So good
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Any meat, any veggies, any spices. Shredded meat and poultry are so awesome to have on hand. And it's the best way to cook it as it keeps the most nutrition in tack. Yum!!! All of the above posted is totally awesome already.