New here! Need encouragement!

Options
Hey friends! I'm new to actually "using" the app. I'm one of those who always gives up. Any advice to keeping on track?

Replies

• schaudhr23
    schaudhr23 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Log every thing you eat and eventually it will become a habit.
  • natie_natalie
    natie_natalie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in your position . This app is helping me so far control what I eat. Don't give up summer is coming !
  • wally2183
    wally2183 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Welcome, yes do your best to log everything
  • greeneyeslooking40
    greeneyeslooking40 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am new to this,whole thing. I will say this, because I am logging everything, I am for the first time really thinking about what to eat. It's working.
  • LBgetsfit
    LBgetsfit Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I just rejoined this month! We can do this!! Looking to add friends to motivate each other and keep ourselves on track
  • Jamiepk1985
    Jamiepk1985 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the friends requests and encouragement!
  • smanto00
    smanto00 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I rejoined this week and need motivation also. I'm in need of friends to help keep me on track. You got this!
  • cveena
    cveena Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Best of luck and keep tracking
  • LosingBattle2016
    LosingBattle2016 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've done this a few times before. I usually give up after a couple of months. I've been using the app about 3 weeks this time. Last week was a really bad week for me and I nearly gave up again. I need to get myself up and moving more, which is hard for me because I am always tired and always in pain. Every time I do the smallest tasks, like food prep and cleaning the kitchen, I feel like I need to rest. Taking a shower and getting dressed feels like a full workout. If I go out to run errands one day, I feel like I need at least a day to recuperate. Anyway, I would just like to hear how other people are doing and feel that I'm not alone. I'm
  • Jeffrey300050
    Jeffrey300050 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    One day at a time! If you blow it don't be hard on yourself! Just focus on the accomplishments you've made and start again. Everyday we have the blessing of having the opportunity of starting fresh. Keep up the good work and add me if you wish! Good luck!
  • Jeffrey300050
    Jeffrey300050 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I've done this a few times before. I usually give up after a couple of months. I've been using the app about 3 weeks this time. Last week was a really bad week for me and I nearly gave up again. I need to get myself up and moving more, which is hard for me because I am always tired and always in pain. Every time I do the smallest tasks, like food prep and cleaning the kitchen, I feel like I need to rest. Taking a shower and getting dressed feels like a full workout. If I go out to run errands one day, I feel like I need at least a day to recuperate. Anyway, I would just like to hear how other people are doing and feel that I'm not alone. I'm

Have you talked to a Dr. about this? There may be help medically too:)
  • michellesz
    michellesz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Want it bad enough. Give yourself constant pep talks. Set small goals so it's not overwhelming. Put in the effort and be excited about the results to keep you wanting to keep doing it. Do it for your health and well being as a lifestyle change vs. a quick diet. You will reap the rewards :)
  • roltontc
    roltontc Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Good luck logging and keep at it!
  • Jamiepk1985
    Jamiepk1985 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • mcarrara3
    mcarrara3 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Add me please! I am based in Cali!