Weight loss through counting calories

Options
2»

Replies

• BelleCakes2018
    BelleCakes2018 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    So currently I'm 190 lbs looking to overall lose 40 lbs... I exercise regularly, but I find counting calories to be difficult. My main issue is that I stay within my 1500 calorie limit, but then I always seem to still feel hungry... Is there anything I can do? Are there low calorie meals that I can eat an abundance of ? Please help...

Here OP have a look at this link - might make for interesting reading... especially about the filling half your plate with colourful veg and salad part - and broccoli.. who knew!

http://dailyburn.com/life/health/low-calorie-foods-feel-full/

The soup thing is quite a good idea too... forgot to mention that one, but you can easily use low calorie soup to fill you up before you eat your meal, as a sort of starter.

Good luck!
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    When I get hungry, I drink a big glass of V8 (low sodium). . works every time. .
  • asarabia665
    asarabia665 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone who took the time to try and give me new ways of seeing things. I appreciate the gesture and plan to move forward with my adjusted plan.
  • JackieMarie1989jgw
    JackieMarie1989jgw Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    If you are male, 1500 calories should be a minimum amount, not a maximum to stay under. When you said you "stay within" 1500 it made it sound like you are sometimes eating less than that which isnt good unless prescribed bya a doctor.
    Go to the mfp set-up, set an activity level NOT including your exercise and let MFP calculate for you what your calories will be, I would suggest trying to lose no more than 1 lb/week. My guess is it will be more like 1700-1800 calories at least. Then log your exercise separately. You can eat back your exercise calories if you are hungry. If you arent losing weight after a few weeks, try cutting back to just eating back 50% of your exercise calories.
  • djdeb77
    djdeb77 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My diet doctor (really go to him for help with weight loss ) and a nutritionist. He has me on a 1500 calorie too. but I also weigh over 300 lbs. Some days I struggle to not eat enough but most often I'm like I want more.. I do think what you eat is a good key to feeling full.. Definetely suggest you set a calorie limit based on your doctor's advice. Good luck it's a bumpy journey to get healthy, But I'm a believer it's worth it :)