Anyone have the Fitbit Blaze? Charge HR? Surge? Which do you like best? Please Reply!!!

Options

Replies

• tahxirez
    tahxirez Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I have the blaze and I absolutely love it. I do think that it might slightly overestimate my steps but as far as my burns go its been dead on (judging by my losses.) Not crazy about the auto sense feature because it doesn't start tracking my runs until 15 minutes in and I like to see stats so i just go ahead and start it on my own. Music (audio book), volume control, texts, phone assisted GPS all work great! Definitely worth the money :)
  • marylovesnini
    marylovesnini Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this I really want to get one but wasn't sure which one to get but now I think I will go with the charge HR! I have polar watch now that I only use when working out so big change for me
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit charge hr for a year now and for me it has been spot on with Calorie adjustments, through a cut/bulk/cut cycle it has been totally reliable for my goal. The HR data can sometimes be a bit off and the resting heart rate seems high : often reporting higher than what I know my resting heart rate to be - but other than that, I like the data it gives and it somehow encourages me to go that extra bit further, which is really what I wanted it for originally.

This here for me as well. I noticed that it doesnt always read my HR correctly when im doing cardio but for some reason the numbers for calorie burned still are close to what i get from wearing a chest strap HRM. The total daily expenditure numbers seem to be accurate and I also like looking at the graphs, data numbers and it does motivate me to move more, especially on weekdays when im working my desk job and not too active.
  • ErryDayImHustlin
    ErryDayImHustlin Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I love my Charge HR, but I'd get a Blaze if I was buying one today. I use Spotify on my phone at the gym and having to take it out to change songs is a pain. Plus, the Blaze looks like a real watch and doesnt scream fitness tracker IMO
  • 303lissy
    303lissy Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Just placed an order for the Blaze :)
  • choppie70
    choppie70 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I started with a Flex a few years ago, when that stopped charging I got a Charge HR and for a gift for 40 lbs lost my husband got me the Blaze. I really love the Charge HR and love the Blaze even more! I like that the Blaze has an onscreen display. It also receives text messages and notifies me when I get a call. I love that when I am teaching I can see if I get a missed call, but I can keep my phone on silent. The fact that the Blaze looks like a normal watch helps too.

Having a fitbit really has helped me to become active. I struggled to get even 6k steps at first, now I get about 20K steps a day. I like the challenges that I can do with my coworkers.
  • ilovecereal82
    ilovecereal82 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Ooooooh baby I love my fitbit blaze!!!!!
  • tiffkittyw
    tiffkittyw Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    tahxirez wrote: »
    I have the blaze and I absolutely love it. I do think that it might slightly overestimate my steps but as far as my burns go its been dead on (judging by my losses.) Not crazy about the auto sense feature because it doesn't start tracking my runs until 15 minutes in and I like to see stats so i just go ahead and start it on my own. Music (audio book), volume control, texts, phone assisted GPS all work great! Definitely worth the money :)

My Charge HR also has the auto tracking of exercise after 15 minutes, but when I'm on the elliptical for 1 hour I still get the stats for the entire hour. I also think the 15 minutes is the default for the auto track, I think you can change it.

OP: I love my charge HR. It really helps me to be more active since I get sad if I don't reach 10,000 steps. I do all the same things as @CoffeeNCardio to improve accuracy. I also wear it at night to track sleep patterns. I found that turning off quick view made it easier to sleep with it on since it stopped lighting up when I moved my arm.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    @CoffeeNCardio thank you much so if new user you'd go with the blaze over the charge HR right?

Yes. The blaze simply wasn't available last year when I got my HR. If I could turn back toume (Cher ha ha)...

Don't get me wrong, I love my charge hr, I really love it. But It's a big bold black line on my arm no matter what I'm wearing that day. The blaze has other options and can be changed at will. I'm especially fond of the metal watch-look.

ETA: I'm not against big black marks on my arm (Love my tats!) but options are nice:)

I have had my charge hr for a year too. Love it! But would have waited if I knew the Blaze was coming.
    Fitbit owner for over 3 years. One, Force, and now the Charge HR. (Hope to get the Blaze for Sept birthday)
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I have the Blaze and I love it.
  • lgoldfarb
    lgoldfarb Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I have the blaze. I love it. The calories burned seems spot on. I use the alarm feature to help wake up. I have very small wrists so it took some time to get used to it. I charge it every 3-4 days while I'm in the shower (10-15 minutes)
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    tiffkittyw wrote: »
    tahxirez wrote: »

My Charge HR also has the auto tracking of exercise after 15 minutes, but when I'm on the elliptical for 1 hour I still get the stats for the entire hour. I also think the 15 minutes is the default for the auto track, I think you can change it.

OP: I love my charge HR. It really helps me to be more active since I get sad if I don't reach 10,000 steps. I do all the same things as @CoffeeNCardio to improve accuracy. I also wear it at night to track sleep patterns. I found that turning off quick view made it easier to sleep with it on since it stopped lighting up when I moved my arm.

Yup. I just went to the Fitbit app on my phone --> settings ---> exercise, then you can change which activites are auto detected and at what duration you want it to auto detect.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Love my blaze.

Though for the past week I've also been wearing a zip and the Blaze has tracked anywhere from 300 less to 1500 less steps then the zip (which is clipped to my bra). It's odd. There wasn't this much of a discrepancy when I used the Surge. It's set to non dominant hand as well.
  • Zoe678
    Zoe678 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I bought a Charge HR after accidently running by previous Fitbit through the washing machine, I do not recommend this btw. I bought my Charge HR online, and purple was the only colour available. I work in an office, and have since purchased the Fitbit Aria to wear while I am at work as it is less bulky, and makes me feel more professional in a business casual environment. I still use my Charge HR when I work out, and I absolutely love it, the Fitbit Aria was more of a vanity purchase. Fitbit is the absolute best. I had a jawbone for awhile and has to replace it three separate times, complete garbage!
  • tns56364
    tns56364 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I recently got the blaze and I love it. I compared it to others and it seems to be good as far as accuracy.
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Zoe678 wrote: »
    I bought a Charge HR after accidently running by previous Fitbit through the washing machine, I do not recommend this btw. I bought my Charge HR online, and purple was the only colour available. I work in an office, and have since purchased the Fitbit Aria to wear while I am at work as it is less bulky, and makes me feel more professional in a business casual environment. I still use my Charge HR when I work out, and I absolutely love it, the Fitbit Aria was more of a vanity purchase. Fitbit is the absolute best. I had a jawbone for awhile and has to replace it three separate times, complete garbage!

You mean the Alta, right? Aria is the scale.
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Zoe678 wrote: »

Which jawbone did you have? Why did you have to replace it? I have the UP3 and love it!
  • VykkDraygoVPR
    VykkDraygoVPR Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I have a Blaze, with plum straps. Looks awesome.

The exercise calories seem fairly accurate for me, but I think the general calorie estimation is on the high side. I could probably make some adjustments to make it more accurate, but I can't be arsed. I just like having hrm logs to look at.

The best things for me are the silent alarms, and notifications. I no longer wake up grumpy, or get the pants scared off me when the phone vibrates on my office desk.

And it looks really nice. Did I say that? Except for the tan line I have now... but at least the watch covers that. My farmer's tan (angler's tan?) though...
  • My_Inner_Hero
    My_Inner_Hero Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love my Surge but I would go with the Blaze. My band broke and they sent me a new Surge but the blaze you can swap out bands. Just my two cents.
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I have the Charge HR and love it. I don't rely on the HR to calculate my actual burn for I feel it is off, but great for everything else. Going on 3 years with it.