Kodiak pancake mix

melissa6771
melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
edited April 2016 in Food and Nutrition
I keep hearing about these pancakes on here so I had to try them. I found them at my local Costco and tried them today. They are actually pretty good! I need to add a bit less water though. I did the mix, water, and one egg. I had it with two pieces of microwaved bacon and 1oz of sugar free syrup for a breakfast of 325 calories, 31 carbs, 11 fat, 27 protein, 5 fiber. Not bad.

My Costco has this pancake on clearance for $7.97 for a 4.5 pound box.

What else do you guys make with this mix?

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    Photo albums? :D
  • Fit_Fox88
    Fit_Fox88 Posts: 410 Member
    edited April 2016
    I've put a mashed banana in mine, a little pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice, blueberries, strawberries, diced/minced apples and cinnamon, chocolate chips. Possibilities are endless (just like regular pancakes)! I love them. I usually make a huge batch and refrigerate or freeze them for breakfast/pre-workout snacks throughout the week. I usually just make mine with water, though.
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Which Kodiak mix did you get? I use the whole wheat, oat, and honey one, which is a just-add-water variety. I like it a lot! I haven't tried mix-ins, I just put different toppings on.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    I've actually tried with milk and egg, egg, or milk, and my favorite is just mixed with water! I just vary the toppings. Typically though I add a bit more water to make them more crepe-like (but not too much or they stick something awful).

I haven't tried the oat mix - just the power cakes and the buttermilk one.