Hi! Lost 60 kept off for 7 years

Hi everyone! I'm back on my fitnesspal because I miss the community! Just want to share my story to new people. The picture on the left is me at age 17. I took action at that age before college and lost 60 pounds through limiting calories, carbs, and lots of hard work at the gym. The one on the right is me this past weekend. I'm assuming I'm about 150 pounds but usually just use how my clothes feel to determine weight loss. I have kept the weight off consistently for 7 years by keeping with a similar diet and trying to get to the gym. Been struggling lately with finding time due to a busy work schedule so figured getting back on this app may help for motivation :) if anyone wants to add me or message me I'm more then open to making friends and having a great support system! yhju5nl3w2rj.jpeg

Replies

• pizzafruit
    pizzafruit Posts: 317 Member
    Congratulations on a job well done. Great motivation for the rest of us who aren't even close to goal and worry about how we're going to keep it off. Thanks!
  • jdevergillo7
    jdevergillo7 Posts: 315 Member
    pizzafruit wrote: »
    Congratulations on a job well done. Great motivation for the rest of us who aren't even close to goal and worry about how we're going to keep it off. Thanks!

Why thank you!!!!
  • Lonestar5715
    Lonestar5715 Posts: 466 Member
    You're so smart to have recognized the need to act when you did. Congratulations, you have achieved something at which few people succeed and that is changing themselves. Way to go!
  • jdevergillo7
    You're so smart to have recognized the need to act when you did. Congratulations, you have achieved something at which few people succeed and that is changing themselves. Way to go!

Thanks so much!!!! Hope to get motivation!
  • md_2017
    md_2017 Posts: 5 Member
    Congratulations and it takes a lot of courage to ask for encouragement! Keep up the great work!
  • playercooks
    playercooks Posts: 1 Member
    Excellent ! Trying to loose so it's great inspiration !! Congratulations !!!
  • ima58er
    ima58er Posts: 37 Member
    Great story stay strong.
  • jaillasaini
    jaillasaini Posts: 1 Member
    Hey congrats me also want to loose weight but finding hard to stick with diet.
  • jdevergillo7
    mdiabo wrote: »
    Congratulations and it takes a lot of courage to ask for encouragement! Keep up the great work!
    Excellent ! Trying to loose so it's great inspiration !! Congratulations !!!

Exactly!!! Everyone needs motivation!
  • dwatson925
    dwatson925 Posts: 143 Member
    WOW! That's awesome! What advice can you share?
  • jdevergillo7
    dwatson925 wrote: »
    WOW! That's awesome! What advice can you share?

Thanks! Tell everyone you're eating healthy! Limit carbs and snack healthy through out the day!
  • avionicsman14
    avionicsman14 Posts: 68 Member
    Great story. Thanks for posting.
  • jdevergillo7
    Great story. Thanks for posting.

Of course !!!
  • jdevergillo7
    ima58er wrote: »
    Great story stay strong.

Thank you! You too!
  • BranwynTaffy
    BranwynTaffy Posts: 23 Member
    edited April 2016
    Beautiful! Well done! Keep it up... we're all in this together.

BTW, feel free to add me as a Friend... sorry, I'm new so haven't yet figured out how to send Friend requests... boo.