I need advice...

Options
I am 5'4 and I weigh 118 pds, I want to maintain my weight, but lose a little stubborm belly fat....I know there is no such thing as targeting fat bur what can I do to get it off and not lose weight!

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Lift heavy (for you), eat at maintenance, and be very, very patient.
  • Darias1515
    Darias1515 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • rhtexasgal
    rhtexasgal Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I am a mere inch taller, have been maintaining over a year and am in the same boat! I have been weight training twice a week (my body cannot handle more due to inflammation) and it has been a really slow process. It is frustrating to see your calves, biceps and other muscles start showing themselves, be a size 4 and yet look down and see this belly! Granted, that belly is a LOT smaller than it once was and manages to fit in size 4 pants but still ... the only thing to do is keep on truckin' - log your food, tweak your diet as needed, keep doing cardio and LIFT weights!
  • alwaysinpursuit
    alwaysinpursuit Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Cardio up tone down and do a lot of abdominal work. I've been doing abs every day for two week and see a huge difference. But a lot of people I know focus on chest to make their stomach look smaller
  • wally2183
    wally2183 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Cardio up tone down and do a lot of abdominal work. I've been doing abs every day for two week and see a huge difference. But a lot of people I know focus on chest to make their stomach look smaller

Lol I can relate to that. I need to work more on abs.
  • Darias1515
    Darias1515 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone I am training to have a fitness model physique and its not easy trying to hit my macros and lose the small stubborn belly fat, but I will take your suggestions
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Darias1515 wrote: »
    Thanks everyone I am training to have a fitness model physique and its not easy trying to hit my macros and lose the small stubborn belly fat, but I will take your suggestions

Awesome! Best wishes!
  • jasonsunlee
    jasonsunlee Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I agree that weight lifting is the way to go. You abs and belly are the very last thing you will see improve. Some of the most gym partners I have seen that are female stick exclusively to squats, deadlifts, and weighted lunges.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Heavy weight lifting and tight diet (keeping to macros) is the best way! No cheating, and if you really want to get crazy, no alcohol. :o Throw in a little HIIT 2-3x a week will be a good addition.