Always over on Protein

Options
It always seems that I'm way over on my Protein, should I be concerned with this and cut back?

Replies

• firewife351
    firewife351 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    It always seems that I'm way over on my Protein, should I be concerned with this and cut back?
  • kfogarty38
    Options
    I am always over on my protein also. Better protein then carbs or fat!
  • greeneggsam
    Options
    There are lots of other topics on this. Just type "over protein" in the search. Here's an example:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/29240-protein?hl=protein+over#posts-280105
  • pepamint83
    pepamint83 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    i completly agree better going over protien then carbs and fat and i always go over my protien. but i am on a low carb diet so i expect to go over every time. my dad whos a doctor said just be careful because protein also has fat so how much over are you going? if its one or two points or a low number you should be fine but if its a lot check what your eating and see where the protein is coming from.
  • firewife351
    firewife351 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I have been going over by a lot. Today I'm over by 40 already, but majority of it (85%) is from meats (Chicken & Fish).
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I am always over on protein on purpose. I am not on Atkins but the suggested carbs on this site seem way higher than I would try to care and reach.

I watch the fat and really work on avoiding the sugar which limits the carbs as a by product,
  • pepamint83
    pepamint83 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    personally im really only using this site for the food journal the excercise journal and the support and motivation from the community. i am on a low carb south beach diet and if i follow what they are telling me too eat i dont hink it would help me thats my opinion though. i do look at the calories and stuff to make sure im in the range of what they are telling me but im not following that part of this site. you have to do what feels right to you. as of the info i provided your welcome i hope it helped. chicken fish protien is not so bad to go over with, meat i would be careful and remember there are other foods that you might not think have protien which when i was plugging in im like really? :huh: but they do so check that out. dont make yourself crazy its not like your going over on fats and calories. but 40 is a bit high although you said everything else is fine? if thats the case i think you should be fine. hope that helps :bigsmile: