Chest Strap

Options
I recently moved house, and I have lost my Polar chest HR monitor.

I wasn't a huge fan of this device but it did at least track my racket sports, and gym workouts. Can anyone recommend a chest HR that is compatible with MFP?

Thx

Replies

• ScubaSteve1962
    ScubaSteve1962 Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Polar H7 is compatible using an Apple device
  • chrisfwood
    chrisfwood Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Do you have any other devices i.e. what are you connecting with, I love my Gamin Premium (i.e. a soft strap) it is ANT+ so works with other ANT+ devices i.e. almost gamin running watches and some android phones.
  • GrahamUK72
    GrahamUK72 Posts: 255 Member
    Options

I have a polar and since their app update, it no longer syncs. Polar state this is by design and will be fixed in an update. This pisses me off as it used to work.

chrisfwood wrote: »
    Do you have any other devices i.e. what are you connecting with, I love my Gamin Premium (i.e. a soft strap) it is ANT+ so works with other ANT+ devices i.e. almost gamin running watches and some android phones.

I only want a HR to track when I do a gym workout (I know strength training isn't accurately recorded) and when I play squash.

Polar software shows different cardio activity to choose from and used to sync back with MFP
  • ScubaSteve1962
    Options

I have a polar and since their app update, it no longer syncs. Polar state this is by design and will be fixed in an update. This pisses me off as it used to work.

I only want a HR to track when I do a gym workout (I know strength training isn't accurately recorded) and when I play squash.

Polar software shows different cardio activity to choose from and used to sync back with MFP

I haven't had any problem with mine, I'm syncing through polar flow.
  • GrahamUK72
    Options

Polar Flow is the problem for me. It shows my activity, but doesn't sync. I've logged an incident with MFP, let's see what happens.
  • ScubaSteve1962
    Options

Polar Flow is the problem for me. It shows my activity, but doesn't sync. I've logged an incident with MFP, let's see what happens.

I've had this problem a couple of times, I would reset everything between the 2. Also sometimes going in set up on MFP and syncing works also.
  • scorpio516
    scorpio516 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Did you lose the strap or the watch? Or both?
  • roobar323
    roobar323 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    From memory Polar are a bit weird in their communications protocol, so getting a garmin, suunto or wahoo chest strap would probably mean it won't talk to a polar watch or GPS.
    There are a few HR straps around that talk directly to watches via bluetooth like the Wahoo range. I have a tickr X which has the advantage of running analytics and being able to record a workout (HR only) internally and then later sync them with a smartphone. Apparently there can be some issues with some Android devices but iphones work fine and it talks to my garmin ok as well. The wahoo app also plays nicely with MFP.
    I've also had Garmin and Suunto straps (the modern soft style) and they work pretty well and are much of a muchness. The straps that have the connectors for the HRM at the end of the strap seem to be easier for me to use, Again, may not play well with Polar watches etc, but DCrainmaker is a good source of info on the net.
  • GrahamUK72
    Options
    I don't use a watch. I just want a chest strap