Any advice!? Please:)

Options
I don't weigh my self and I'd like to keep it that way so please don't tell me to. I would just like some guidance as to my concern....Over the last year my clothes have been getting tighter. I'm a heathy eater and I exercise regularly. Because of this un explained weight gain March 8th 2016 I upped my exercise working out and hour a day at the gym 6 days a week. Mainly doing HIIT, ab work, arm weights, leg press etc. And I try to do spinning once a week. On top of this I have been eating EVEN MORE heathy!! So why do my clothes fit NO different??!! It's been nearly 2 months and no change:( any advice would be appreciated or anyone know why this is?

Replies

• Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Eating healthy has nothing to do with weight loss. Healthy food has calories and you can overeat with healthy food. If you're not losing or you're gaining you are eating TOO MUCH healthy food. More than you are able to burn.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    how many calories per day are you eating?? you make no mention of that!?
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Calories, calories, calories.
  • paulajobelle
    paulajobelle Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    without knowing your age and gender this is hard, I know that despite eating well and exercising I was not seeing any change and my doc told me that some of this could be related to hormonal changes (yep Menopause) and she set me up with a nutritional plan and encouraged me to focus on building lean muscle mass. One of the main things she stressed was not to go under 1100-1200 cal per day as this would further screw up my metabolism. There are other medical reasons for lack of progress (underactive thyroid comes to mind) so if you have not had a recent check up this could be helpful. Good luck
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    without knowing your age and gender this is hard, I know that despite eating well and exercising I was not seeing any change and my doc told me that some of this could be related to hormonal changes (yep Menopause) and she set me up with a nutritional plan and encouraged me to focus on building lean muscle mass. One of the main things she stressed was not to go under 1100-1200 cal per day as this would further screw up my metabolism. There are other medical reasons for lack of progress (underactive thyroid comes to mind) so if you have not had a recent check up this could be helpful. Good luck

I would suggest going for the obvious reasons first, like eating too many calories (of healthy food), and eliminating them before rushing to doctors for tests.
  • callie006
    callie006 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to weigh yourself, what about accurately logging your food for a week or two, ideally weighing it. Just eat normal amounts and portion sizes to see if there are any surprises.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I saw this thread and went wha?

A person's clothes get tighter for two reasons, they shrunk the wash and dryer or a person gained weight. A person can gain weight when pregnant or even getting "buff" from weight lifting, or just too many calories in?

For a person that gains weight, there is only one reason besides ruling in or out a medical condition and that is too many calories in with a small exception to a small amount of muscle gain in 1 month.

The calorie burns from exercise (spinning, HIIT, weight lifting) are minuscule if the calories in are too many.

You cannot out exercise or out run your fork.
  • ilex70
    ilex70 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Even if you don't weigh yourself you should have some idea of your preferred weight, even if it is just a number chosen from something like top, middle, or bottom of healthy BMI for your height.

Maybe plug that in to MFP and set it to maintain that weight. Weigh and track you food to keep in that calorie range.

If you clothes start to fit better then you're good.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    If absolutely nothing has changed but you are still gaining, it might be worthwhile to get a full physical workup. I was diagnosed with my thyroid issue when I gained 20 lbs in one month. The gain is why my doctor chose to test me...
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    You don't have to weigh yourself if you don't want to, but if you've upped your exercise and you're still gaining weight then you either are consuming more than you think or you have a medical condition that is skewing your CICO equation or both.
  • becky5595
    becky5595 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I was eating healthy foods, but way too much of them. Once I started tracking my food, the weight started coming off. Portion control is my weakness.