Getting a little worried...

Options
So I've been overweight my whole life. My parents owned a restaurant growing up, working long hours with no days off and it was easier to bring me popcorn chicken than cook a dinner. I developed a habit of eating once a day but A LOT. Then the drinking years started in my late teens/early 20's.
Anyway at my peak I was probably around 195, quite big on my 5'4" frame. I got it together and managed to lose about 35lbs just by being more active, hovered around 160ish for a year or two and in the last 6-8 months have dropped to about 125. The reason I'm getting worried is that I don't know when enough will be enough.
When I look in the mirror I don't see myself looking any different even though I know I've lost significant weight just by trying to put on clothes I was wearing comfortably or even snugly less than a year ago. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't know when to quit (I'm eating a healthy balanced diet and PLENTY of calories btw.) How do you decide? I'm just looking for some community support I suppose. If you have any advice I'm all ears...

Replies

• Vanessalookingood
    Vanessalookingood Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Try taking pictures or video of yourself. This always provides a truer picture than the mirror.
  • steph2strong
    steph2strong Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Well going by numbers your weight is fabulous for your height (5'4, 125 lbs). I'm not sure how active you are or if you like exercise, but i found that focussing on fitness goals was more beneficial for me than focussing on weight goals when you reach where you are at. Following a program and making gains in lifting ability, or running speed or whatever floats your boat. Improvements in physique will occur more so than just focussing on a number on the scale, but also you have something to focus on and work towards and feel proud of beyond just a number on the scale.
  • tahxirez
    tahxirez Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    You're also definitely right. I think it might be time to eat at maintenance consistently for a little bit. I need to get out of the deficit mentality before I start pushing it too far just to see where it will go (that is a slippery slope I'm not interested in starting down.) I've laid off running lately because it makes my deficits pretty large but I absolutely love it. I'd love to start really lifting like in the gym with heavy weights instead of my little kettlebells and dumbbells at home. On to bigger and better things!