Metabolic Effect

Options
Does anyone use Metabolic Effect by Dr. Jade Teta? The book is fantastic, and the exercise programs, Aftershock and Prime, kick my booty!

Replies

• rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I've read a lot of his work but have not followed any of his programs or products.
  • Ckeymom
    Ckeymom Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    rybo wrote: »
    I've read a lot of his work but have not followed any of his programs or products.

I finished Aftershock, and I'm in week two of Prime. I've lost over 30 inches so far. I really like the no nonsense approach to the workouts.
  • rjlkat
    rjlkat Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm currently reading "Lose Weight Here" (haven't read "Metabolic Effect Diet" yet). I'm only starting week two of ELEL with the basic twice a week strength training and loads of walking. This is a huge change from the cardio and heavy weights I was doing 9 months ago before a ton of life changes and sudden 10-15 lb gain. I haven't done any of the set workouts yet (Aftershock; Prime). Did you first follow just the book changes before doing those workouts, and if so, what changes did you see?
  • lemmie177
    lemmie177 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    rybo wrote: »

same!

I really like his content and have read his first book. His combo approach of medicine/metabolism, realistic behavior change, and just common sense is really appealing. If I ever have a question about hormone/metabolism, I look to his stuff first. BUT his exercise programs are always about working out less, which is really not my jam atm.

I've poured over all his content about training/diet with the female hormonal cycle. As far as I'm concerned, its my best resource until Lyle McDonald gets his book out!

Would love to hear more about your experience with his programs. I was super intrigued when I started getting emails about his new one, Met10, but they also all sound like metcons with self-regulated rest.