Healthy Habits you've always had?

Options
I've always trimmed the fat off of my meats.

Replies

• Emma1903
    Emma1903 Posts: 195
    Options
    I always drank a lot and never drank full fat pop or milk.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised people still think fat is bad for you. Your body needs fat for vital functions, especially your brain. Eating animal fat (and vegetable fat) is genetically optimal. We were designed to thrive on fats... from a long long time ago. The fat free hysteria started back in the 80's or whatever still misinforms young people today...

http://www.fi.edu/learn/brain/fats.html

Healthy habits: I floss my teeth regularly.
  • Andythefitfamilyman
    Options
    Food exercise wise I never had one till I got serious about weight lost, other wise I consider laughing even when I feel horrible is a pretty healthy habit
  • Naomi_84
    Naomi_84 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I always eat fresh unprocessed food, cook from scratch and love fruits and vegetables
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Sleep! I have always loved sleep, and except for a few all-nighters in college normally always got at least 7-8 hours a night. (Lately though I've been struggling with fatigue that persists no matter how much sleep I get, but that's another story.) I also stay away from caffeine for the most part, especially later in the day, so that it doesn't interfere with my sleep clock.

It could be that I'm just a lazy person, but there's a lot of benefits to laying down/putting your feet up after a long day instead of just sitting in a chair, and to allow enough time to sleep so that you wake up refreshed is one of the best feelings in the world.
  • musica814
    musica814 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I've always preferred water over any other beverage. Even before I was seriously trying to lose weight I would limit my soda intake. Now that I don't drink anything other than water, (no soda, coffee, tea etc.) I average about 10-15 glasses a day.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    I always drank lots of water, low fat milk coffee's and coke zero.....
    I ate lots of fruit too (I had to actually reduce the amount of fruit I eat)
  • Lima_India_Zulu
    Options
    I've always drunk tonnes of water and very few fizzy drinks.

Also, it may sound cliche, but ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE - it really makes you feel better!
  • want2walknotwaddle
    want2walknotwaddle Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    always tried to at least eat my five a day now it normally 7 or 8 a day
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    ive always eat loads of fruit and veg as a kid
  • Fattack
    Fattack Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I've always had skimmed milk.
  • maxinethestrange
    Options
    fruit and veggies are my friends could live off them
  • maxinethestrange
    Options
  • maxinethestrange
    Options
  • glendeb
    glendeb Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Water - for as long as I can remember I've drunk tons of water. I love it - nothing is quite as refreshing as a glass of water
  • SarahLovesCheesecake
    Options
    Exercise-wise ...walking, food wise....pizza? oh no thats a vice...cheesecake then......lol
  • stella77
    stella77 Posts: 282
    Options
    I never had any alcohol. Still don't. ever.
  • DropITpj
    DropITpj Posts: 14
    Options
    I always liked being active,I almost can't stand days where I'm just sitting for an extended amount of time_and I've always liked water over any other beverage
  • monkeysmum
    monkeysmum Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    ive been veggie for 16yrs so always get my 5 a day on most days its between 5-10 some days more its like a religious thing fruit or veg with everything