The Mountain's Diet...

Options
scolaris
scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
For your gawking pleasure... 10k calories a day baby! I'm afraid that's the diet I'm tracking here as I enter my birthday/Mother's Day zone. I'll try to get back on track before I start to look like him! LOL

http://www.techinsider.io/mountain-game-of-thrones-diet-2016-4

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    His diet kind of looks boring. I'd need more variety and pizza than that.

But dude is pretty cool. I saw him arm wrestle with like a national arm wrestling champion or something once... that was friggin cool.

He needs more pizza and ice cream in his diet though. Clearly he's slacking and not getting his full potential. :)
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend's brother and I were just having a discussion about this last night. Insane! I can't even fathom eating that much. Wondering what his maintenance calories are just for comparison.
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    Says he works out twice a day, but doesn't say for how long. I also wonder if that is really an "every" day thing. There are some competitive female runners who claim to be eating 3k calories a day. While this is certainly possible (they run a lot of miles) there is speculation they overestimate how much they eat to the press in order not to fuel teenage runners' anorexia. Obviously this guy is probably not worried about people being anorexics, but still I wonder how accurate his estimate is.
  • mbird2132
    mbird2132 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    He must be plugging up the toilet everyday.
  • erinc5
    erinc5 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Says he works out twice a day, but doesn't say for how long. I also wonder if that is really an "every" day thing. There are some competitive female runners who claim to be eating 3k calories a day. While this is certainly possible (they run a lot of miles) there is speculation they overestimate how much they eat to the press in order not to fuel teenage runners' anorexia. Obviously this guy is probably not worried about people being anorexics, but still I wonder how accurate his estimate is.

He says that this is his diet while he is training for "Worlds Strongest Man" competition. I don't think he's claiming to eat this much every day for the entire year.
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    A pound of chicken, a pound of beef, a pound of salmon - MAN
  • scolaris
    Options
    Hahaha you guys are making me laugh.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Expensive!
  • murp4069
    murp4069 Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Wow that is completely insane!! It's incredible to me that he can even force in that amount of food every day - even as big as he is!
  • ridge4mfp
    ridge4mfp Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    So, do you think we will see any posts asking of this is a good diet for weight loss? >:)
  • scolaris
    Options
    LOL
  • scolaris
    Options
    Is this a clean or dirty bulk, that's what I want to know!
  • scolaris
    Options
    murp4069 wrote: »
    Wow that is completely insane!! It's incredible to me that he can even force in that amount of food every day - even as big as he is!

That's what I thought! Sometimes I go on really long hikes with lots of elevation changes & I have to add a meal the next day because I'm just too knackered to eat.

• scolaris
    Options
    But I may hit 10k in ice cream & bday cake. Thursday would have been my mum's 72nd bday, my MIL's 91st is Friday & my 53rd is Monday. I am officially entering the cake 'n cream zone. Better buckle up!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    murp4069 wrote: »

My ex is 6'4" and I had to stop going to buffets with him because we'd be there for a ridiculously long time. The Mountain is taller, younger, and is in training for the upcoming World’s Strongest Man competition. I can totally see him eating that much.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options