Your shopping list go to

Options
What is the most important thing on your shopping list that you would hate to forget?
Looking for some inspiration!

Replies

• cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter.
  • Wophie
    Wophie Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Coconut oil because if I forget it I'm using butter/olive oil until my next shop! I would also say bananas as they're my go to for a quick breakfast or sweet snack (Ocado always seem to run out though!)
  • one1fast68
    one1fast68 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Avocado's or BLSL chicken thighs.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Fresh produce and lots of it! I keep the freezer stocked with lean meat and fish. Keep lots of fresh veggies on hand and I can survive. Oh, wine and beer too.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    Fresh fruit and cheese.
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Avocado, cheese, chicken, ice cream and wine.
  • NadiaMayl
    NadiaMayl Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Mootopia Lactose Free 2% milk. It's my Texas' supermarket own brand and it's the lowest in sugar content!!! 8g of sugar vs. ALL the others at 12g.
    Fruits and veggies
  • Lynn_babcock
    Lynn_babcock Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    The fixings for my breakfast sammich :) I never tire of it and it keeps me full. So that's 100-calorie Thomas English Muffins, cheddar cheese, some sort of ham, and eggs (but I have chickens so that's not on my shopping list). I'm opportunistic on the rest of the food choices.. small food budget and four people to make it work with.

Fresh vegetables.. or frozen depending on the season and current prices. My last trip to the grocer broccoli was on sale.. so I had the produce guy to back and get me a 22 pound case. That's our families favorite vegetable. I buy based off the sales flyer. I bought a 50# case of bonesless skinless chicken breast when it worked out to $1.50/#. I bought 20#'s of 97/3 (extra lean) ground beef when it was $3/#. I buy beef when it's on sale. Favorite meals are meat, vegetables, and either potato or rice. So I just have that in mind when I'm shopping.. and what I have stocked up in the pantry and freezer.
  • aeb09
    aeb09 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Eggs, cheese, chicken, onions, and cucumbers.
  • Texas2Fit
    Texas2Fit Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Fruit. Especially grapes. Especially crushed grapes. Especially crushed grape juice. Especially crushed grape juice that is fermented. More simply put: Wine. I save room in the calorie budget for it on weekends!
  • rsleighty
    rsleighty Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Onions. Nothing savory happens without onions. And garlic. And peppers and celery. Tomatoes. Green chilis. Now I'm hungry again....
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    it changes slightly every week depending on that weeks dinner choices and what we are out of staples are
    eggs
    kerrygold butter
    avocado
    tomatoes
    fruit (whatever looks good to me at the time)
    milk
    potatoes
    chciken break sausage
    cream
    cold brew
    chicken stock
    like i said everything else switches around becauze i play out a week of dinners
    and lunches
  • drift_mekanic
    drift_mekanic Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Natural crunchy peanut butter and fruit.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I have small kids...if we don't have milk and cereal the *kitten* will hit the fan. For me, I must always have eggs, my milk for making yogurt, oats, and apples.
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Turkey burgers, cheese, 100 calorie sandwich flats, green chili sauce, potatoes of some kind, Greek yogurt, peanut butter, honey, and most importantly coffee!
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    Must haves:
    Milk
    Cheese
    Eggs
    Sweet Potatoes
    Chicken
    Spinach
    Cukes, tomatoes, onions, garlic
    GF Bread for me and Normal Bread for hubs
    Tuna
    fruit (bananas, apples, grapes, lemons, lime)
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    broccoli slaw mix, napa cabbage, power greens, no-salt canned tomatoes, and break free egg product
  • kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 479 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Broccoli, almond or cashew milk, eggs, bananas, salad mix, tea, lemons, sardines, tuna, chicken breast
  • Holly_Wood_888
    Holly_Wood_888 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Eggs, Clementine Oranges, Organic Baby Carrots, Mixed Nuts
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Greek yogurt and tons of it.
    Gold peak diet sweet tea
    A variety of fresh fruit and veggies
    Chicken and fish