The Blob haircut, otherwise known as the long bob haircut...

Options
Melissapaige1
Melissapaige1 Posts: 151 Member
A question for women who transition from long hair to the blob hair cut...how does it make you feel? What difference does it make in one's appearance? Younger, older? More of a free spirit?

Replies

• ptsmiles
    ptsmiles Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I loved when I went from long hair to a bob. It took so much weight off my hair and I though it made me look younger. I got plenty of compliments.
  • Melissapaige1
    Options
    That's good to hear, thanks for replying. My hair is thick, and long. I'm a bit attached to it, although sometimes i feel it doesn't make me look well put together, kind of like a lion. lol. It does weigh me down. I've lost a lot of weight, and a part of me feels it's time to get rid of the weight of my hair as well and come up with a new style? I'm afraid i may regret it though?
  • Cindy4FunFit
    Cindy4FunFit Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    Girl, before you hit the salon....

This is The Blob:
    qbipd7rj1iy4.jpeg

This is The LOB haircut and it's fabulous:
    3toquglarhai.jpeg

• bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    i chopped my long mane off and have a LOB now.. absolutely love it! so much easier in terms of drying, etc.
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    That's good to hear, thanks for replying. My hair is thick, and long. I'm a bit attached to it, although sometimes i feel it doesn't make me look well put together, kind of like a lion. lol. It does weigh me down. I've lost a lot of weight, and a part of me feels it's time to get rid of the weight of my hair as well and come up with a new style? I'm afraid i may regret it though?

I felt the same so I cut off 23" a few weeks ago. It makes me look younger. My hair is very thick so I didn't get the exact cut I wanted but I can do so many things with it now. It's cooler for the summer and gives me an excuse to wear my fancy scarves. My pic shows you what I did. It was down to my @$$.
  • Melissapaige1
    Options
    @madhatter - Wow that's a major change for sure! I'm happy for you.
  • Melissapaige1
    Options
    @cindy...it looks really nice on her hair. That's kind of what id like, perhaps a bit longer.
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I did it a year and a half ago, I was very happy with the shortness in the back and the angle in the front, it was cute and I got lots of compliments on it. The only drawback for me was having long pieces in my face, I don't like my hair down if it's touching me like that. That's when I started giving myself haircuts on my own.

Give it a shot! If you don't like it, you can go with up-dos or style it differently.
  • chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    Options
    I got one so maybe I'd not wear my hair in a ponytail every single day. With thick hair, I don't really love it. Layers were a necessity because of my hair thickness, and with my naturally frizzy texture they're hard to keep looking neat and tidy. Also, the length and my squarish face shape don't really go together. I'm torn between growing it out again or chopping it more so it's a proper bob.

People usually think I'm younger than I am, and I'm finding the shorter hair gives me a more mature look.
  • Melissapaige1
    Options
    Note to everyone: LOL....It's called a LOB, lol not a blob cut, lol. oh dear.
  • saramickeydee
    saramickeydee Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Note to everyone: LOL....It's called a LOB, lol not a blob cut, lol. oh dear.

It's funnier the other way. :)
  • Markdjones83
    Markdjones83 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    bellaa_x0 wrote: »
    my "LOB"/"BLOB"

t1m58e03wj48.jpg

GpXj4fS.gif
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    I had to cut to long blob due to split ends. But, that's ok, my hair grows like it's on a mission.