Delicious vegan ice cream?

Options
luntyp
luntyp Posts: 6 Member
Has anyone found delicious vegan ice cream?
I have been underwhelmed by Ben & Jerrys Chunky Monkey (from almond milk), and So Delicious' Cookie Dough (from soy, gluten free).
I think I'll try one from coconut milk next, then maybe cashew milk.
Any brands, flavors, suggestions?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    So Delicious, the cashew kind, is my favorite. I find soy the least satisfying, usually.
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    I've heard of the brand Booja-Booja which boasts very few ingredients and is very tasty. Also you could try making your own in a blender with frozen banana, almond milk (or your choice of diary free milk) and anything else you want to add like cacao powder, fruits, nuts etc
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    So Delicious, the cashew kind, is my favorite. I find soy the least satisfying, usually.

I find rice-cream to be the least satisfying... and most like water. :p

I'll second to So-delicious cashew stuff... but let's be honest... it will never be the same as "regular" ice cream. Expecting it to be will only be setting yourself up for disappointment.

I find it much more effective to appreciate it for what it is... a frozen dessert and not try to use it to replace ice cream.
  • fldiver97
    fldiver97 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Like cashew ice cream best, love SoDelicious Cappuccino flavor
  • call3na
    call3na Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Books booja is so nice! Wish I could justify buying it as it's so pricey!

Definitely my favourite!
  • Paiger816
    Paiger816 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to try the Ben & Jerry's Coffee Carmel Fudge. The Chunky Monkey was supposed to be not as good as expected.

I've tried Cashew ice cream and liked it. It's creamier than Almond milk ice cream. Almond milk is too icy. The Coconut cookie dough was okay, but I couldn't get over the overwhelming coconut taste.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I've tried Nada Moo and liked it. I think it's a coconut milk ice cream.
  • janejellyroll
    Options

I find rice-cream to be the least satisfying... and most like water. :p

I'll second to So-delicious cashew stuff... but let's be honest... it will never be the same as "regular" ice cream. Expecting it to be will only be setting yourself up for disappointment.

I find it much more effective to appreciate it for what it is... a frozen dessert and not try to use it to replace ice cream.

Oh, I forgot about Rice Cream. I don't even consider that to be in the same category as soy-based. You're right, it's terrible.
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    Paiger816 wrote: »
    I can't wait to try the Ben & Jerry's Coffee Carmel Fudge. The Chunky Monkey was supposed to be not as good as expected.

I've tried Cashew ice cream and liked it. It's creamier than Almond milk ice cream. Almond milk is too icy. The Coconut cookie dough was okay, but I couldn't get over the overwhelming coconut taste.

The Coffee Caramel Fudge was the one I had and I loved it.
  • Paiger816
    Paiger816 Posts: 129 Member
    Options

The Coffee Caramel Fudge was the one I had and I loved it.

I just bought the Coffee Caramel Fudge last night. LIFE CHANGING. <3

It was super creamy. Honestly, it may have been even more creamy than dairy ice cream.
  • rakowskidp
    rakowskidp Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    fldiver97 wrote: »
    Like cashew ice cream best, love SoDelicious Cappuccino flavor
    I love coffee-flavored frozen desserts! This one is my favorite: Almond Dream Cappuccino Swirl.

But I'll have to look for the So Delicious version. I haven't seen it locally.
  • foxygirl14
    foxygirl14 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's Soy Creamy vanilla ice cream sandwiches. They're 90 cal each. :smile:
  • Brittni__duh
    Brittni__duh Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    So Delicious Cashew Milk ice cream in the Dark Chocolate Truffle flavor is my faaaaaaaaaaaaaavorite. Even my husband, who isn't vegan, will steal it.

I also like to make my own with just frozen bananas, a splash of almond milk, and maybe some vegan chocolate chips.
  • TrickyDisco
    TrickyDisco Posts: 2,869 Member
    Options
    Swedish Glace is lovely - flavours are vanilla (gorgeous, creamy and delicious with flecks of vanilla pod), neopolitan, blueberry, chocolate, raspberry.
  • CTRLplusZ
    CTRLplusZ Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Luna and Larry's coconut bliss.
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I agree with other posters - the cashew milk So Delicious are the best from that brand. I liked the chocolate truffle one. I haven't tried too many non dairy ice creams as they usually are just disappointing (and I'm only lactose intolerant, so I eat normal ice cream with lactase supplements or Lactaid brand ice cream instead). The Trader Joe's soy creamy sandwiches are pretty good too. I had the chocolate ones.
  • jessypug
    jessypug Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I personally prefer making my own banana ice cream as I can do whatever flavour/topping I feel like and I love the texture :)