Need help eating calories

Options
I am 5 ft 4 inch at 99lbs. I want to gain weight I am just too skinny so I am not much worried about fat as long as I m getting stronger according to myfitnesspal I should be eating 2600 calorie per day but I fell short daily by 100-200 calories any tips I am not taking supplements

Replies

• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Eat high calorie foods that are not bulky like cheese, butter, avocado, and but butters.
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Nuts, avocados, nut butters, high fiber/protein breads. You can do it.
  • Texas182
    Texas182 Posts: 1 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I have the same issue here. I'm the same height and weight.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter
  • crawfzilla
    crawfzilla Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Buy trail mix it's cheap and a cup is usually 800+ calories with lots of protein. Just keep up your sit ups because they also contain a lot of fat.
  • bclarke1990
    bclarke1990 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hard to believe people would recommend eating cheese on a website with "fit" in the title. :#
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    Hard to believe people would recommend eating cheese on a website with "fit" in the title. :#

So you can't eat cheese and be fit...? :huh: :noway:
  • mixa4u
    mixa4u Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Lol, iam under de table :D
  • richln
    richln Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    gz8yljrc0d7p.jpg
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    richln wrote: »
    gz8yljrc0d7p.jpg

never liked her.... :laugh:
  • TheMetalMan0
    TheMetalMan0 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    If you're full from eating then drink them. ~300 calories in 500ml glass of whole milk.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options

What is wrong with cheese?

Op, I would suggest you check out this thread. Lots of high calorie food options.
  • French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options

The 1980s called.They want their flawed nutrition advice back.
  • NotoriousLink
    NotoriousLink Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Eat protein as well! Black beans, tofu, Greek yogurt, eggs (or just egg whites), tilapia, chicken, salmon....to build muscle (and gain weight) you have to have the right tools to give your body.
    To be the true definition of "fit," don't eat just to reach your calorie goal. Just like the recent blot post, all calories are technically not created equal. Eat to your health, not to simply gain weight.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Drink your calories. Drink calorie laden smoothies, milk shakes, protein shakes, etc.. .

Eat tablespoons of nut butters like peanut butter. This will up calories in heart beat.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Alluminati wrote: »
    Eat high calorie foods that are not bulky like cheese, butter, avocado, and but butters.

But butters usually aren't made for human consumption. (kidding with you)

Agree with this. High calorie, low volume foods. Usually high fat foods will get you there since fats are 9 calories per gram before including the protein/carb calories.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    xcalygrl wrote: »
    Alluminati wrote: »

But butters usually aren't made for human consumption. (kidding with you)

Agree with this. High calorie, low volume foods. Usually high fat foods will get you there since fats are 9 calories per gram before including the protein/carb calories.

oops
    smiley-laughing002.gif
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    If the problem is you are too full, try a fruit smoothie. Milk, bananas, peanut butter. Yum :)
  • princessterrie16
    princessterrie16 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I used to have trouble getting enough calories but I heard about this stuff called Apetamin and it really helps. Apetamin is kind of a vitamin, it's a syrup, and its purpose is pretty much to boost your appetite so you're able to consume more calories which will help you gain weight. After 4 days I had gained 8 pounds. I lost 2 pounds when I got sick because I stopped taking it and wasn't eating, but now I have my super crazy high appetite back and I can easily take in at least 4,000 calories a day. I haven't weighed myself in a few days so I'm not too sure where I stand now but I do see a little bit of a difference in my legs just from how my boots fit.
  • Heathmx_2014
    Heathmx_2014 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Chickpeas, yummy..healthy...tasty chickpeas.