Favorite easy, healthy snack recipe: no bake protein balls

Options
ezumty
ezumty Posts: 4 Member
This recipe is one of my favorites. You can eat it as a snack, after a workout, or for breakfast. The recipe given is sort of a mash-up of a couple different recipes for the same thing because I have tried a couple, and put my own twist on it by taking parts of a few different recipes, and combining it together.
Ingredients:
-dark chocolate chips
-shredded coconut
-vanilla extract
-peanut butter
-oats
-chia seeds
-ground hemp seeds
-ground flax seeds

All you need to do is combine these ingredients together. You can use your own measurements of each ingredient depending on how much of each you want to add. For example, I don't add very much coconut because I don't like coconut, so I don't like to taste it, but it adds good texture. Also you can substitute some of the seeds out if you don't want to taste those, but I personally really like the seeds, especially chia. Once you combine the ingredients, put it in the fridge for anywhere from 10 to 20 minutes, and then shape it however you'd like. The normal way to shape it is into round little balls, similar to how you would if you were going to bake them into cookies, but you can do any shape you want-since you will not be baking them. Another thing that you can add is honey or another natural sweetener, such as agave nectar. You should store these protein balls in an air-tight container and keep them refrigerated for up to a week.

Replies

• akweich89
    akweich89 Posts: 18 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    yk0a7b3we8x3.jpg
    Oh yum! Mine are similar, just a lot more basic. Mine just consist of peanut butter, oats, bit of honey, and mini dark chocolate chips. I'll occasionally throw in a bit of cinnamon if I'm feeling like it. They're so filling!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Really nice :star::star::star: