Looking for Insanity partners

Options

Replies

• mrs_kurz
    mrs_kurz Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Good Luck! I am on day 3 tomorrow so cardio power and resistance I think - What's that one like? I am on my 2nd week of clean eating and glad I am doing it alongside Insanity. Hope it helps maximise my results
  • cardertaxidermy
    cardertaxidermy Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    lozzle22 wrote: »
    Good Luck! I am on day 3 tomorrow so cardio power and resistance I think - What's that one like? I am on my 2nd week of clean eating and glad I am doing it alongside Insanity. Hope it helps maximise my results

That's my favorite video so far. I like all the arm workouts in it. My legs need a break. LOL. I was actually thinking of subbing my recovery day with that video this week.
  • Ewestlu
    Ewestlu Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Day 2 complete... My calves are already so sore!
  • lizzane
    lizzane Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone :)

I am doing insanity every other day because of my long hours at work x_x
    I did not do the fit test and am not doing the "thursday" workout unless I go easy on the hours 2 days straight.

I know it is not exactly the challenge but I was doing nothing compare to now and needed something to get back up again
    and I've had good results with insanity before!

Hopefully with time and a healthy diet I'll see results soon enough :)
    good luck everyone!
  • mrs_kurz
    Options
    That's my favorite video so far. I like all the arm workouts in it. My legs need a break. LOL. I was actually thinking of subbing my recovery day with that video this week.

You're brave!! But yes my legs need a break. They are KILLING me today (day 3), did your legs hurt like hell on day 3? How am I supposed to get through today's workout? Think I'll just have to do what I can. Hopefully it gets better in week two... Will I stop hurting even if I keep working out while I'm still sore?
  • mrs_kurz
    Options
    Ewestlu wrote: »

Mine too!!! Sounds like we're on exactly the same day, and it's my calves hurting me the most too! I'm thinking of looking up some 10-15minute yoga flexibility videos to do alongside this as I think my muscles need a really good stretch out
  • mrs_kurz
    Options
    Just finished day 3. Didn't feel the soreness in my legs as much once we'd done the warmup so that's good. I'm super proud of myself for sticking with this and feeling good! I have a long way to go with my health and fitness but I'm excited to see what the 60 days will bring. I'm planning on doing round 2 straight after I finish, although I might do p90x3 first then insanity again for some variation, we'll see!!

What have you guys set your daily calories at? Mine have been at 1200 and I've been eating around 1300 but should I be eating any more with insanity?
  • cardertaxidermy
    Options
    Ewestlu wrote: »

You're brave!! But yes my legs need a break. They are KILLING me today (day 3), did your legs hurt like hell on day 3? How am I supposed to get through today's workout? Think I'll just have to do what I can. Hopefully it gets better in week two... Will I stop hurting even if I keep working out while I'm still sore?

The first week u could barely get out of bed and down the stairs. I pushed thru it and didn't skip any workouts. Now in week 3 my calfs are still mildly sore on some days but not bad at all.

• cardertaxidermy
    Options
    Question for the insanity experts. I am in week three I still cannot do any of the workouts straight through without stopping I have to take many breaks. is this normal? Even know I have to take breaks after I'm done week 4 for should I still continue to the second month? Or should I do a few more weeks of the first month until u get better????
  • mrs_kurz
    Options

The first week u could barely get out of bed and down the stairs. I pushed thru it and didn't skip any workouts. Now in week 3 my calfs are still mildly sore on some days but not bad at all.

That's good to know! I'm not skipping either :) But defnitely have that can barely walk down the stairs feeling haha! During the actual workout it was ok, it's the rest of the time that's an issue haha!! I look like an old lady walking around
  • cardertaxidermy
    Options
    Just finished day 3. Didn't feel the soreness in my legs as much once we'd done the warmup so that's good. I'm super proud of myself for sticking with this and feeling good! I have a long way to go with my health and fitness but I'm excited to see what the 60 days will bring. I'm planning on doing round 2 straight after I finish, although I might do p90x3 first then insanity again for some variation, we'll see!!

What have you guys set your daily calories at? Mine have been at 1200 and I've been eating around 1300 but should I be eating any more with insanity?

I was at 1200 before I started insanity. I was down to 127 from 155-160. Now that I am doing insanity and I don't really want to lose anymore I have upped my calories to 1700. I do not eat back my exercise calories and I have maintained my weight for the 3.5 weeks.

So I guess it depends what your goals are. I do think 1200 is to low with this program. Maybe up to 1500 and assume you are burning that extra 300 with exercise. So you will still be at a deficit.
  • mrs_kurz
    Options
    Thanks! I will try that! How do you estimate how many calories you burned? Do you enter them in MFP?
  • cardertaxidermy
    Options
    I enter my time from the workout under circuit training
  • Ewestlu
    Ewestlu Posts: 36 Member
    Options

I just finished up day 3 as well! Looks like we are on the same schedule :) I agree with you my legs didn't feel as bad today as yesterday.
  • jordanamrussell
    jordanamrussell Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I did plyometric cardio circuit yesterday and I hatedddd it haha. I stopped before finishing the last 10 minutes.
  • nitesky83
    nitesky83 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
  • cardertaxidermy
    Options
    nitesky83 wrote: »

Wow. That's amazing. Keep up the good work
  • cardertaxidermy
    Options
    Today is Cardio Recovery which = Boring!!!!!!! 2 more days till my rest day and then on to week 4!!!!!!!!
  • mrs_kurz
    Options
    nitesky83 wrote: »

That's incredible!!! Congrats!!!
  • mrs_kurz
    Options
    Today is Cardio Recovery which = Boring!!!!!!! 2 more days till my rest day and then on to week 4!!!!!!!!

I just did cardio recovery today (day 4 so first time). I actually found it quite hard, it's definitely showed up my weak muscles so I think it'll be good for strenthening those up.

I'm only on day 4, so don't really expect to see any results yet, but I guess I am scared of going through this program and NOT seeing any progress. What day are you guys planning on doing progress photos? I'm planning on doing a weigh in once a week, so next monday will be my next.