Why do I always overindulge on the weekend!

Options
tinaka2016
tinaka2016 Posts: 159 Member
Well, simple having the kids and husband around - and no will power. I think I need a more supportive family. Or try a 5:2 diet.

Replies

• lina1016
    lina1016 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way. I think we just need more will power. There's some day I can resist and some days like today where I couldn't resist a munchkin lol. Which wasn't even worth it l by the way!! But in time we'll get better.
  • edwardwmarsden
    edwardwmarsden Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    The weekends i just smash every kinda junk food possible. Yyyy.
  • tinaka2016
    Options
    lina1016 wrote: »
    I'm the same way. I think we just need more will power. There's some day I can resist and some days like today where I couldn't resist a munchkin lol. Which wasn't even worth it l by the way!! But in time we'll get better.

I think you're right more will power required. In the past I've got better at resisting once I've started seeing results. Chocolate is my weakness and it doesn't help when the kids still have Easter eggs just sat there.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    tinaka2016 wrote: »
    Well, simple having the kids and husband around - and no will power. I think I need a more supportive family. Or try a 5:2 diet.

Don't blame your family.

you need to work on learning moderation, that's all.
  • tinaka2016
    Options
    The weekends i just smash every kinda junk food possible. Yyyy.

..... Hopefully we will get better in time. Oh well start of a new week to be good and claw back what I've just put on.
  • tinaka2016
    Options

Don't blame your family.

I know it's down to me and me alone and eating in moderation is a learning curve. The point is that it is difficult when temptation is put in front off you!
  • joolie1234
    joolie1234 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Boredom
  • trish2016
    trish2016 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    It's because we relax and then think ah well it's the weekend I've been so good all week I deserve a treat, we all do it. It's a bank holiday weekend here in Ireland so we are off work Monday and all week I have been thinking I would love a few drinks and some snacks on Saturday and this is only my first week so my thinking is if I don't buy any rubbish or beers then I will be okay...I don't think my husband will be too happy but I am on a mission this time to lose 1.7 stone by Sept.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,579 Member
    Options
    Because you're CONDITIONED to. It only changes when your thinking does.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options

Don't blame your family.

I know it's down to me and me alone and eating in moderation is a learning curve. The point is that it is difficult when temptation is put in front off you!

It will always be in front of you, one way or another.
  • trish2016
    trish2016 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    You have to indulge and allow yourself treats from time to time but where we all fall down is that the treat becomes all to regular and is a daily occurrence we need to say ex...once a month I will treat myself to....and have whatever you want and if you don't want it don't have it but thinking about it all the time and denying yourself it will only make you eat / drink more so everything in moderation.
  • chellekoren
    chellekoren Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I overindulge because I'm the only cook in the house and on the weekends I don't want to cook. I also have a very fit husband who eats whatever and however much he wants and he wants French fries, hamburgers etc. it's tough. I made an announcement last weekend that I cannot eat everything you people eat on the weekend so don't suggest
    Eating out multiple times. So, I'm cooking on the weekends too. Just don't trust myself in restaurants. I don't want to spend $12 on a salad. Man weekends are just tough because they want their sweets too. I used to have a lot more willpower than I do now. Second week and I am doing well. Hoping it sticks.
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,117 Member
    Options
    This happens to me all the time.
    -I've changed my workout days to include the weekends and off days on weekdays.
    -I don't eat breakfast till about noon.
    -Staying busy helps

You just have to decide what's more important to you.

Keep trying!
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options

Or just do some hardcore tummy workouts and use the fuel.
    Strong tummy and core + no feeling bad for extra food = win win

Yeah, it hurts, but if it doesn't hurt, you're not doung it right :p
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    Doing**
    Did I mention smart phones are dumb >.>

Typo...
  • tinaka2016
    Options
    I overindulge because I'm the only cook in the house and on the weekends I don't want to cook. I also have a very fit husband who eats whatever and however much he wants and he wants French fries, hamburgers etc. it's tough. I made an announcement last weekend that I cannot eat everything you people eat on the weekend so don't suggest
    Eating out multiple times. So, I'm cooking on the weekends too. Just don't trust myself in restaurants. I don't want to spend $12 on a salad. Man weekends are just tough because they want their sweets too. I used to have a lot more willpower than I do now. Second week and I am doing well. Hoping it sticks.

This is so me ........ I'm also in my second week. I've been hitting the gym everyday and eating within my target without using the calories that I've gained back. I feel better and stronger mentally and positive that I'm going to achieve my goal.
  • tinaka2016
    Options
    Sinistrous wrote: »

Or just do some hardcore tummy workouts and use the fuel.
    Strong tummy and core + no feeling bad for extra food = win win

Yeah, it hurts, but if it doesn't hurt, you're not doung it right :p

Thanks. I'm going to be in the gym over this weekend and feeling much more positive.
  • tinaka2016
    Options
    spicy618 wrote: »
    This happens to me all the time.
    -I've changed my workout days to include the weekends and off days on weekdays.
    -I don't eat breakfast till about noon.
    -Staying busy helps

You just have to decide what's more important to you.

Keep trying!

Thank you. I will be doing the some with my work out days.
  • tinaka2016
    Options
    trish2016 wrote: »
    It's because we relax and then think ah well it's the weekend I've been so good all week I deserve a treat, we all do it. It's a bank holiday weekend here in Ireland so we are off work Monday and all week I have been thinking I would love a few drinks and some snacks on Saturday and this is only my first week so my thinking is if I don't buy any rubbish or beers then I will be okay...I don't think my husband will be too happy but I am on a mission this time to lose 1.7 stone by Sept.

Good luck for this weekend!