In need of major help and friends

Options
Ok so im back again I been trying to do this on my own with little to no support. I have trouble staying with something log enough to see if it works. I really want to lose weight and be healthy for my sons. I was 212 and now im 206 so little lost but not alot . Please help me reach my goal

Replies

• Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you are mutually supportive. I'm here everyday
  • dbkyser
    dbkyser Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.
  • jen_bush
    jen_bush Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Add me, I log every day and try to support my friends however I can x
  • aoibhs22
    aoibhs22 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) I'm on a mission now!
  • Abbie918
    Abbie918 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    You can add me too -- I log every day and am here a lot!
  • auntybiowa
    auntybiowa Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Ok so im back again I been trying to do this on my own with little to no support. I have trouble staying with something log enough to see if it works. I really want to lose weight and be healthy for my sons. I was 212 and now im 206 so little lost but not alot . Please help me reach my goal

U just got to be postive about it and u got to want it for u also and have fun doing it .I love nature so that's the reason I walk ,I've got a few places I can just walk and enjoy the nature the birds and deer s,.if u get hungry get some water or almonds they help .I've been there I have no support either and a few health problems ,but I've made it this far so I just keep going .so hang in there u can do it .
  • senennieves
    senennieves Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me as well
  • JaneSnowe
    JaneSnowe Posts: 1,283 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    You've got this! Your numbers are going the right way and you have positive motivation to be healthier for your sons! That's an excellent way to begin!

My 65 year old mother started using MFP last year, also at 212 (5' 2"). She's not in a rush and only weighs herself once a month at the doctor's office. Doesn't exercise except for puttering around the garden. Last month she was thrilled to be down to 177, size 16. Her goal now is to be 135.

She has been obese for years and was simply resigned to it, but for some reason last August she expressed a desire to lose weight and actually listened when I told her about MFP. I helped her sign up on the spot and she's been counting ever since, through travels and extended hospital stays (at her husband's side who fell ill) and all sorts of stressors that before would have been an excuse to feed her emotions, all without support from her household. (And she makes room for a little pie in her calorie budget :) )

I'm not saying these things to hijack your thread in praise of my mom. :D I'm posting this because I've seen a situation similar to yours and want to offer the encouragement that it can be done! I believe in you! Hang in there, don't get discouraged, and remember that if you feel hunger that makes you consider quitting there are tweaks that can solve that. Anything that discourages you, there are people here who have faced the same and can help you keep on track too. You are in the right place! You've got this!
  • Chrissywebb101
    Chrissywebb101 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Awww thank u so very much yeah im also 5"2 and started at 212 . Mind if I add u and yout mom if I knew her username
  • Rowood101
    Rowood101 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'll send you a friend request, I started at 201. I'm here every day. Anyone else, please free to add me, the more the merrier.
  • Dee51979
    Dee51979 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I log everyday! Please add me :)
  • JaneSnowe
    JaneSnowe Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Awww thank u so very much yeah im also 5"2 and started at 212 . Mind if I add u and yout mom if I knew her username

I sent you a pm :)
  • wtb243
    wtb243 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just joined for the first time. Feel free to add me.
  • willworkoutforwine
    willworkoutforwine Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I log in every day and try to stay positive. Feel free to add me! You can do this!