Zero motivation...

Options
Hey all! This is my first time actually posting a thread. I used to be super into fitness. I loved working out and eating well.

2 kids later and I'm holding onto some extra pounds. I know that's a common problem that a lot of mom's can relate to. It's gotten so bad that I'm actually uncomfortable with myself in general. I hate going out because everything I wear makes me self conscience.

You would think that would be motivation enough. But it isn't. I have a gym set up in my home. That's still not enough.

Does anyone have any tips? Anything to help break you out of your funk???

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Stand nekkid in front of a mirror! Does it quite nicely for me.
  • AtmaKing
    AtmaKing Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    2 kids. What do you want for them? Did you as a kid do what you parents told you? Or did you do the things the same way they did them? Do you just listen to peoples words? Or do you watch what they actually do? If you're like most people you listen but mostly watch what someone does. Kids are like that but they watch 10 times more intently because they don't have past examples to pull from.

That being said. Be an example for them.

Get a plan, stay positive, stay consistent. You only fail when you quit, and now you're not allowed to quit.

Motivation is like bathing, it wears off, that's why we recommend it daily.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    For me....it's not "motivation", it's "obligation".
  • nathinds
    nathinds Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    AtmaKing wrote: »
    2 kids. What do you want for them? Did you as a kid do what you parents told you? Or did you do the things the same way they did them? Do you just listen to peoples words? Or do you watch what they actually do? If you're like most people you listen but mostly watch what someone does. Kids are like that but they watch 10 times more intently because they don't have past examples to pull from.

That being said. Be an example for them.

Get a plan, stay positive, stay consistent. You only fail when you quit, and now you're not allowed to quit.

Motivation is like bathing, it wears off, that's why we recommend it daily.

That's fantastic advice! I actually am very active with them. I love running and playing with them. The problem that I'm running into is I'm not doing workouts for myself. I remember to eat after they're taken care or whatever scraps they leave. My entire life is revolved around them that I'm not taking that time for myself. I think that's what is making me so unhappy. I don't have the motivation to do for myself.

• rbchick66
    rbchick66 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Just being active with them is great! Eating healthy should be the only thing you should be worrying about. It can be a good family thing as well! Teach your kids how to eat healthy, there are even some family workouts on YouTube and Pinterest if you want to get everyone involved. It will be good for you and the whole family!