Postpartum weightloss

Options
I am today, 8 weeks postpartum and am finding it VERY difficult to get the pounds off. I am slowly losing inches off my waist but still feel horrible when my weight is still in the obese range

Replies

• blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    Have you set a calorie goal in MFP?

Are you logging everything you eat?

Do you use a food scale for all your solid food? (rice, cereal, veggies, meat)
  • senshi987
    senshi987 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Sorry for some reason my whole post didn't show up. Yes I am eating 1200-1400 cal/day of good food. I have 3 kids, I had a miscarriage before baby number 2. All this starting 2013 so I'm not sure if my body is just slowly adjusting?
  • AverageJoeFit
    AverageJoeFit Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I have read some articles that it can take some women 6 months for thier hormones to go totally back to normal. (Part of my job)

I think you should take it slow and be patient. There are also questions I have like are you breast feeding? You don't want to cut to many calories if you are your milk might dry up.

Excersize? Even going for walks might help. Having a baby is really hard on the female body. Just take it slow is my best advice.
  • senshi987
    senshi987 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Loomisj72 wrote: »
    I have read some articles that it can take some women 6 months for thier hormones to go totally back to normal. (Part of my job)

I think you should take it slow and be patient. There are also questions I have like are you breast feeding? You don't want to cut to many calories if you are your milk might dry up.

Excersize? Even going for walks might help. Having a baby is really hard on the female body. Just take it slow is my best advice.

No I'm unable to breastfeed. Thank you! I guess it's just some reassurance needed to make sure I'm doing what I should. It's just a little frustrating to see the scale move so slow. I am burning at least 500 calories per day with my exercise, which probably doesn't include all the running around I have to do with 3 kids lol.
  • AverageJoeFit
    AverageJoeFit Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    senshi987 wrote: »
    Loomisj72 wrote: »

No I'm unable to breastfeed. Thank you! I guess it's just some reassurance needed to make sure I'm doing what I should. It's just a little frustrating to see the scale move so slow. I am burning at least 500 calories per day with my exercise, which probably doesn't include all the running around I have to do with 3 kids lol.

Yes it's hard, but just take it slow and you will get where you want to be. It's a marathon and not a sprint. Slow and steady wins the race.
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm also going for slow and steady! I've just set up a new group for mummas where we can log weekly weight loss and motivate and encourage each other. Hope to see you there!
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/113945-fit-fabulous-postpartum