Not losing weight

Options
Hello everyone
I've been working out for 11 days straight without a rest. Been eating very healthy but frustrated because I've haven't lost any wait.

Replies

• sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    What matters for weight loss is a caloric deficit. Are you weighing and logging your food intake?
  • sandrah0708
    sandrah0708 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes everyday
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Yes everyday

Just to clarify, for the past 11 days you have been weighing all your solid food? What is your daily calorie goal?
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,019 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter how "healthy" you are eating if you are not eating at a deficit. It also doesn't matter how much you work out. To lose weight you need to eat at a deficit. Eating healthy and working out are good, but if you are eating more than you burn you won't lose weight. You also need to be patient. Eleven days is really not enough time to start seeing a trend.
  • nuttynanners
    nuttynanners Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Make your food diary public and tell us your height and weight? That way we can speculate a little better :)
  • cavia
    cavia Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Can you open your diary? Exercise is for health. Eating at a caloric deficit is what's needed for weight loss.
  • ubermofish
    ubermofish Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Set your Diary settings to Public at the bottom of the page here. Then we can review and see what the problem is. And are you counting absolutely everything? Bites and nibbles still count.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    11 days is not enough. Make sure you are logging correctly (no "homemade" or generic), weighing everything you eat/make and not eyeballing/guessing. If you are new to working out you may also have DOMS which can cause fluid retention. Make sure you are drinking at least 64oz water daily. Lastly, be patient.
  • sandrah0708
    sandrah0708 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone I made it public. Please anyone let me know if I'm not going it correctly
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone I made it public. Please anyone let me know if I'm not going it correctly

You are eating far too little and are likely to hurt yourself at this intake. Are you under the supervision of a doctor with this plan?
  • ubermofish
    Options
    Ditch the herbalife. It is a pyramid scheme and you should not support it, not to mention it's BS. Ditch the Jamba Juice too, it's very nearly empty carbs that will not help with satiety. Try some proteins and fats instead, make an egg sandwich or a breakfast wrap. There are a lot of days with no lunches, and a lot of volume measurements. Are you actually not eating lunch?

There are a lot of other things listed as "servings" or "Homemade", avoid that unless you made the entry yourself, using the weights of the ingredients. If you made a sandwich, add the bread by scanning the code on the package, add the meat and condiments the same way (by weight). If you're using condiments like mayo, weigh before/after adding and use that instead of stuff like tablespoons.
  • cathipa
    Options
    Looking at your diary you must not be logging everything if you are not losing. According to your diary you aren't eating more than 1000 calories a day so if this is all you are eating you should be losing. Again avoid the "homemade" entries since they only apply to the person who entered them. And yes avoid the expensive MLMs. They don't make you lose weight any more than eating a healthy diet and exercise will provide.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Eating less than 1000 cals a day? :neutral: Assuming your logging is accurate, your calorie intake is a very very bad idea.

You're suddenly asking your body to do more with much much less, less than you should eat if you're completely sedentary.

You don't want to overeat, but under eating is no good either. Gotta fuel that body if you want it to work for ya.

Also, 11 days is not enough time to see much progress. Shocking your body the way you are, demanding hard exercise and then not refueling isn't helping.

I have had the BEST success dropping the fat and inches while eating the MOST calories I can while still losing - aka a small calorie deficit, not a huge one. Don't try to cut corners or speed things up by eating super low cal - it doesn't work, it's not sustainable, and you can end up doing more harm than good.
  • ubermofish
    Options
    AmyRhubarb wrote: »
    Eating less than 1000 cals a day? :neutral: Assuming your logging is accurate, your calorie intake is a very very bad idea.

You're suddenly asking your body to do more with much much less, less than you should eat if you're completely sedentary.

You don't want to overeat, but under eating is no good either. Gotta fuel that body if you want it to work for ya.

Also, 11 days is not enough time to see much progress. Shocking your body the way you are, demanding hard exercise and then not refueling isn't helping.

I have had the BEST success dropping the fat and inches while eating the MOST calories I can while still losing - aka a small calorie deficit, not a huge one. Don't try to cut corners or speed things up by eating super low cal - it doesn't work, it's not sustainable, and you can end up doing more harm than good.

I really doubt that the logging is accurate, looking at the volume measurements and "servings"
  • Raptor2763
    Raptor2763 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    A couple questions come tom mind that haven't been asked yet.
    1. When are you exercising? i.e. before breakfast, after breakfast but before lunch
    2. When are you eating - especially relative to workouts? Do you know about the "golden hour", for example?
    3. Are you prefueling before workouts and refueling afterwards? Given the numbers I'm seeing, I suspect the answer is "no" to both these questions
    4. Are you alternating workouts - i.e. cardio one day, strength training the next, then back to cardio?
    5. Lastly, ELEVEN days in a row is alot to ask your body to do - especially if you've done nothing before. I'd suggest taking one day off per week to give yourself a chance to recover\
  • HamsterManV2
    HamsterManV2 Posts: 449 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Weight gain/loss is determined by one thing: calories in vs calories out. Simply go on google, type in "TDEE Calculator", and enter you age, height, sex, weight, and activity level.

Using that number, eat -500 calories of that daily to lose 1lb per week. No ifs or buts. That means you might have to buy a digital weight scale and have a myfitnesspal account, and start measuring every single thing you put in your mouth. Make sure your portions / servings are accurate!

Remember, overweight people tend to underestimate how much they are eating (and inversely, underweight people overestimate how much they eat).

Additional tips:
    Drink lots of water so you are not always hungry
    Drink a glass of water before a meal, it will help fill you up before you eat
    Replace sodas with diet sodas - 0 calories so that helps keep it low
    Eat lots of single ingredient foods - fish, chicken, fruits, etc. Obviously dressed to how you like it, but beware - sauces with olive oil or ranch is high in calories.

Beware: Fruit juices (filled with sugar and calories), too many nuts, spreadables (i.e. peanut butter), shakes (400 calories?? That's 2/3s of my meal!), starbucks fraps, and frozen microwavable meals.

And remember, it is a marathon, not a sprint. The longer it takes for you to get to your goal, the more permanent it is.

11 days is really just a blip on the radar - it's not long. Give yourself a month minimum to see progress. See below - some days you are heavier and some you are lighter. The TREND should be going downward (which is why I weight myself once a week instead of daily).weighttrendgraph1.gif
  • cathipa
    Options
    Raptor2763 wrote: »
    A couple questions come tom mind that haven't been asked yet.
    1. When are you exercising? i.e. before breakfast, after breakfast but before lunch
    2. When are you eating - especially relative to workouts? Do you know about the "golden hour", for example?
    3. Are you prefueling before workouts and refueling afterwards? Given the numbers I'm seeing, I suspect the answer is "no" to both these questions
    4. Are you alternating workouts - i.e. cardio one day, strength training the next, then back to cardio?

5. Lastly, ELEVEN days in a row is alot to ask your body to do - especially if you've done nothing before. I'd suggest taking one day off per week to give yourself a chance to recover\

Would not affect the average person trying to lose weight.
  • laurelh8
    laurelh8 Posts: 38 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I find many of the entries you used in your dairy to be suspect. You are using a lot of "Generic" and "Homemade" entries. There is no way to know what ingredients were used in the entry .

For example: Homemade - Black Forest Ham Sandwich, 1 sandwich - 180 calories

What type of bread was used? How much ham? Did they use any mayo or mustard?

You have to log every item individually with a food scale set to grams. Also use the Recipe Builder to calculate the calories in your own recipes.
  • cavia
    cavia Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Nothing in your diary looks weighed and your days are either incomplete or your logging is way off. If you were really eating under 1000 calories/day, you'd have seen the scale drop by now.

The homemade ham sandwich. Is that your own entry using the recipe builder or is it someone else's entry? If it's someone else's entry you have no clue how many calories your ham sandwich really was.

You're eating more than you think you are.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    laurelh8 wrote: »
    I find many of the entries you used in your dairy to be suspect. You are using a lot of "Generic" and "Homemade" entries. There is no way to know what ingredients were used in the entry .

For example: Homemade - Black Forest Ham Sandwich, 1 sandwich - 180 calories

What type of bread was used? How much ham? Did they use any mayo or mustard?

You have to log every item individually with a food scale set to grams. Also use the Recipe Builder to calculate the calories in your own recipes.

I too find them suspect, the entries are not weighed and also eats out alot.

So the eating of 500, 600, 800, 1000 a day which is varying maybe more. She is trying to under eat the deficit.

I certainly do not have the power to direct someone to make wise decisions as to their weight loss and it appears some desperation to loose has taken priority.

I see an unhealthy outcome to her process.