Food ideas for 300 cal all carbs, no protein

I need some ideas for food with 300 cal, all carbs no protein. Thanks.

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,373 MFP Moderator
    edited April 2016
    pancakes, waffles, muffins, two servings of rice, potatoes, quinoa.

Why no protein?
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,992 Member
    Candy
  • jenmsu83
    jenmsu83 Posts: 185 Member
    Fruit
  • peggymenard
    peggymenard Posts: 246 Member
    Why no protein? I seem to end up the day with left over carbs and no protein. Usually I can even out but I would like something with no protein and have it be somewhat nutritional.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,992 Member
    There is nothing wrong with going over on protein. I would rather do that than carbs especially at the end of the day. If MFP set your goals typically they set them low IMO.
  • psuLemon
    Why no protein? I seem to end up the day with left over carbs and no protein. Usually I can even out but I would like something with no protein and have it be somewhat nutritional.

MFP's protein goal is fairly low. And in many cases, you should be getting more than it's recommending. Generally, you want .6-.8g of protein per lb of weight.
  • peggymenard
    peggymenard Posts: 246 Member
    psulemon wrote: »

MFP's protein goal is fairly low. And in many cases, you should be getting more than it's recommending. Generally, you want .6-.8g of protein per lb of weight.

I have to worry about too much protein because of my kidneys. MFP's count is probably close to what I should have.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    I need some ideas for food with 300 cal, all carbs no protein. Thanks.

Things like popcorn, a lot of fruits, many vegetables, rice are very low to no protein foods.

http://depts.washington.edu/pku/PDFs2/ModifyingRecipesFoodList.pdf
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/330184-protein-free-foods/

• fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    cathipa wrote: »
    Candy

i was gonna say this ha, but yes fruit is. great choice. maybe some rice
  • rldeclercq4
    rldeclercq4 Posts: 269 Member
    edited April 2016
    While wheat spaghetti tossed in olive oil with spinach and minced garlic. I add cubed chicken breasts to make a nice meal. Take out the chicken and you've still got a carb loaded meal
  • psuLemon
    psulemon wrote: »

I have to worry about too much protein because of my kidneys. MFP's count is probably close to what I should have.

Oh.. that makes a difference. Just ignore my protein comment, ha.

Fruits are my go to for carbs.
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Get the doctor to refer you to a dietician who works with kidney patients and override the settings here to reflect what they tell you.

As far as low protein goes, fried carby things as well as cakelike things will get you low protein, though these also come with fat. Lots of junk food.
  • maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    It depends on what you like, of course. The "no protein" part is hard to fulfill (vegetables have some protein after all) but generally speaking, I would be dividing up the recommended protein among my regular meals and then building around that with vegetables, healthy fats and fruit. I love big salads, as well as cooked vegetables. Two oz of my favorite pasta has 180 calories, which also includes 7 g of protein, for example. If that 7 g was part of the meal's planned protein, it would be easy to build around it and come to 300 calories.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited April 2016
    speak to a dietician.
  • cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    Fruit
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    edited May 2016
    donuts!!!! :D

Edit: oh wait, 300 calories. Make that a donut. A small one at that...