With current pace, I will lose 100 pounds in 100 days.

Options
Been going really hard since March 28. Started at 402 lbs. This morning, a full 10 days of grinding, down just below 390 lbs. Been hovering around 1800 calories a day for food and exercising with 30 minute walks. Did 8 walks first week, as of now am at 7. Its not really my goal to lose weight this fast, its just interesting.

Replies

• DeviatedNorm
    DeviatedNorm Posts: 422 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Congratulations man! The first few weeks of weight loss are always waaaaaay fast. I've lost 55lbs in about 22 weeks. That first week? I lost 10 lbs. The second week was another 7. Now I'm lucky to lose 3 lbs in a week even tho my efforts have stepped up significantly.

You're going to slow down in your weight loss. A lot. And personally it would be a lot easier for me to plan on that than to plan on a steady loss and get disappointed. And heck, if you prove me wrong? Score!
  • mamafazz
    mamafazz Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! Your weight loss will probably slow down, but do not get discouraged. Sounds like you are definitely on the right track.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Congrats and no you won't. It is very difficult to lose at that same high rate and may not be healthy. You are doing well so keep it up but if you start feeling weak or bad go for a more modest loss. Even at 2 pounds a week, that's still over 100 pounds a year. Just keep the needle going in the right direction and stay healthy.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    congrats...only suggestion...pick up some weights...take advantage of the potential that you have to build some muscle.
  • LML1971
    LML1971 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Congrats! One day at a time...we got this!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Much of the early weight loss is water, not fat, and it drops quickly. Your weight loss rate should slow to a more moderate pace soon. Also, the more weight you lose the more slowly subsequent loss will be because your mass is decreasing. The less mass you have the less calories you burn to move your body around. This is completely normal so don't let it discourage you as it starts to happen. There's a reason people say the last 10 pounds are the hardest to lose. :smile:
  • betzd189
    betzd189 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
  • eeejer
    eeejer Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    little reality check. You have lost mostly water weight. Fat simply will not be lost this fast. You are doing great, but you will not lose 100 lbs in 100 days.
  • ChronoElite
    ChronoElite Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Its been a pretty good beginning. I wish I could keep up this pace but yeah will slow down at some point. But I have been going hard with the eating and workouts. For weights, I have been doing like a 15 minute upper body and lower body workouts after my walks.I got them for HASfit videos. I'm trying to do those 4 times a week after my evening walks. The first week was only one upper body and one lower body. This week I am at two upper body and one lower body. I am actually haven't been too weak or anything from the food and walking, just like body soreness and stuff. Ill update this post after another 10 days just to see the pace then.
  • loulamb7
    loulamb7 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Great start. Since your starting weight is high it's not surprising you are losing quickly on 1800 calories. As others have said this is not sustainable nor healthy. Where did you come up with 1800 calories? That's probably a very aggressive deficit for someone your size.
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I wish you much success but successful weight loss is a life style change and not a speed contest. Please take care!
  • idoit4music
    idoit4music Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good job. I started @515 now I'm down to 480 took me 4 months but twice a day 6 days a week.
  • brrrycicle
    brrrycicle Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    4/28/16 weighed in at 369.2. will update 5/28

Wow, great job! Keep up the hard work!
  • TheLegendaryBrandonHarris
    Options
    Not bad! Keep up the good work!
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Great start! Keep it going!
    Weight loss is a great motivator. I lost 100 pounds in the first 7 months, but it took 13 more months to lose the last 60 pounds, and I have been on maintenance for 29 months now.
    You go guy!
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work. Weight loss will slow down but just keep your eye on the long term goal and develop good habits!
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Good job! Great to hear this good start.
  • thathelenagirl
    thathelenagirl Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I've been on this site for over a year... up again and down again... I've recently started using It Works products to supplement cleaner eating and eventually hardcore outdoor trail bike riding. I've lost 7 pounds in about 2 weeks... which isn't a HUGE loss... but more than I was getting simply going to the gym... I love the gym, it just didn't fit with my busy schedule! I wish everyone tons of luck! Feel free to add me! :smile: