Spaghetti squash

Options
jlnelson815
jlnelson815 Posts: 20 Member
Does anyone have a good spaghetti squash recipe?

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Anything where you'd use spaghetti!
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    The last recipe I made a philly cheesesteak spaghetti squash. It was GOOD! tumbleweedcontessa.com/blog/recipe/philly-cheesesteak-stuffed-spaghetti-squash/

This recipe sounds weird because it is tuna but it is savory and spicy. soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2015/03/tuna-puttanesca-spaghetti-squash.html
  • jlnelson815
    Options
    Thank you guys!
  • xanastasiaoh
    xanastasiaoh Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I made this the other day. I cooked the spaghetti squash and then mixed some vodka sauce in there and it was awesome!
  • nm212
    nm212 Posts: 570 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I love spaghetti squash! Turkey meatballs, and mix it in like regular pasta...any ingredients you want to add! Chopped onions, peppers, etc....w any sauce.
    Sometimes, I add a veggie burger and chop it up with marinara sauce (kinda like a meat free sauce) sounds weird, but tastes great!! And I like meat haha Fills you up too!
  • TaraDickeymfp
    TaraDickeymfp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like to scrap my spaghetti squash and stain out the water with cheese cloth so its not watery
  • 120poundstogo
    120poundstogo Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Scrape the seeds out first. Then get a big flat Corning ware fill the bottom with water then put the cut and quartered spaghetti squashes face down microwave for 20 minutes. Remove the squashes from the microwave do not burn yourself. Serve with the rest of your dinner on a plate. Put pats of butter on them and top with Parmesan cheese. Then eat.
  • HayleyMCR
    HayleyMCR Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I had never heard of this and it sounds great. I just seen online (after googling Spaghetti Squash!) simply butter, lots of garlic and fresh parsley. Add the Spaghetti Squash and stir to coat, then add Parmesan.
  • sweetpea965
    sweetpea965 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Cook in microwave leaving slightly crunchy scrape out let cool to touch chop and make a "pasta" salad.
    Squash, veg-all vegtables, boiled egg, and your imagination
  • ricopez1029
    ricopez1029 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    If yow don't care for the spaghetti squash Wal-Mart sell the spaghetti zero look just like and taste like noddle's
  • jlnelson815
    Options
    How many calories are in it?

• MaxT370
    MaxT370 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I like spaghetti squash! I've only made it once but I added a small amount of grass fed beef and organic pasta sauce, the only reason I haven't made it again is because I have a gas stove and it heats my house up cooking it for 45 minutes. :)
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    @jlnelson815

When you're not sure, just check the USDA nutrient database

vmhd0418btx1.jpg
  • haviegirl
    haviegirl Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    We've tried it several ways, but our all-time favorite is just tossed with butter and lots of garlic, garlic salt and pepper, sprinkled with parmesan cheese. Oh my.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I roast mine and I toast the seeds with some sea salt and cracked black pepper...then I add peas, ham (or bacon) and a poached egg on top. I top that with a little parm and the roasted seeds...so good. The runny yolk and parm make a beautiful sauce.
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Bake the squash until done...

Going to have to look up temp and time for that. I've always read to cook in a slow cooker with water, but it turns out too mushy.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    What I usually do:

1. Buy spaghetti squash.
    2. Cut in half and roast in the oven for what seems like a lifetime.
    3. Remove gross mush from the center. Try not to get too turned off by the smell.
    4. Use a fork to scrape the spaghetti squash out. Get excited because it actually looks pretty good.
    5. Top squash with favorite meaty pasta sauce and parmesan cheese. Ah, that smell is much better.
    6. Take a bite. Take another bite.
    7. Throw the entire thing away and eat something else, because ew.

I seriously can't get that stuff to taste good. I guess I'm not a spaghetti squash kind of girl. Now I stick to zucchini "noodles" or broccoli slaw if I absolutely can't fit real pasta into my macros/calories. Carba Nada is a decent substitute as well, but I have to get it online.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I actually like spaghetti squash roasted, mixed with ricotta, sausage, marinara and topped with cheese "twice baked," but my favorite is probably chicken mixed with pesto, tomatoes and spaghetti squash, then baked. Something about the pesto and spaghetti squash works perfectly together.
    My favorite recipes are:
    Spaghetti Squash Lasagna Boats
    Spaghetti Squash Enchilada Boats
    Pesto Chicken and Veggie Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
    Thai Peanut Broccoli Stuffed Spaghetti Squash