Macro help!

Options
Hello lovely people, so I've recently found these delicious dumplings that are low in cal. But today I had a good look at the nutrition facts at the back of the package and the macros don't seem right :/ could they have made a mistake? I doubt it though because i bought these from a supermarket and products like these shouldn't have the wrong nutrition facts.

Says there's 75cals in 100grams

P 6 x 4 = 24
C 41 x 4 = 164
F 14 x 9 = 126

24 + 164 + 126 = 310 calories !

:/

5dfmr3lz8wsw.jpg

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Yeah, that doesn't make sense. It's not even a matter of frozen vs. unfrozen. That info is just off. :confused:
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    The energy is wrong. It should be 315 calories per 100g
  • amberpaws8
    amberpaws8 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    100 gm is 75 cals. (nothing to do with weight of product)

The same 100 gm is made up of 6gm protein, 14gm of fat, 41gm of carbohydrate. Add another 39gm of un-named nutrients = 100gm weight
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Yeah, the kJ number is the real calorie number.
  • amberpaws8
    amberpaws8 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    And if each dumpling is 75 calories, 4 of them (400 gram) would be 300 cals.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    amberpaws8 wrote: »

The same 100 gm is made up of 6gm protein, 14gm of fat, 41gm of carbohydrate. Add another 39gm of un-named nutrients = 100gm weight

The point is that protein and carbs are 4 calories per gram, therefore based on 6g protein and 41g carbs you'd have ((6+41)*4)=188 calories. Plus 9 calories per gram of fat, which would be 14*9=126 calories. total = 314 calories, not 75 calories, per 100 grams of dumplings.
  • jaysiekemso
    jaysiekemso Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    amberpaws8 wrote: »

The point is that protein and carbs are 4 calories per gram, therefore based on 6g protein and 41g carbs you'd have ((6+41)*4)=188 calories. Plus 9 calories per gram of fat, which would be 14*9=126 calories. total = 314 calories, not 75 calories, per 100 grams of dumplings.

That's what I thought too :/ this is really confusing. Says each serving is 100grams and there's 8 servings in a pack. Which means that the whole pack should weigh 800grams but I just checked the front and it doesn't even say how heavy the whole thing is. But today I had 300grams of it and the other day about 200 and there's a bit left in the freezer so I'm guessing each bag weighs 800grams.

So there is no way that there's 75 cals in each dumpling. Cos 100grams are about 5 dumplings. So if there were 75 calories in each dumpling, one serving would be 375 cals which is still wrong from what it says on the label
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Actually 75 calories per dumpling seems pretty accurate with regard to the usual calories in dumplings. I'm thinking they made a huge error on that label. Either way, five dumplings should run around 350ish calories, so the 315 or around there for five of them seems like the actual calorie count.
  • Determinedtoloseliz
    Determinedtoloseliz Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I would write to them and question it. Ive done this before and got vouchers for food
  • OfficialDSXIII
    OfficialDSXIII Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Did you buy this at an Asian store? The nutrition info is always jacked up.
  • jaysiekemso
    Options

Nope from a Pakn Save which is the biggest supermarket in Pakn Save
  • jaysiekemso
    Options

In New Zealand I mean lol
  • jaysiekemso
    Options
    I would write to them and question it. Ive done this before and got vouchers for food

That's a good idea :)
  • jaysiekemso
    Options
    synacious wrote: »
    Actually 75 calories per dumpling seems pretty accurate with regard to the usual calories in dumplings. I'm thinking they made a huge error on that label. Either way, five dumplings should run around 350ish calories, so the 315 or around there for five of them seems like the actual calorie count.

This is so annoying :/ even when I scan it on mfp it says that I've eaten heaps of carbs, protein and fat but barely any calories