Raw til 4 diet, freelee the banana girl

Options
What do you guys l think about veganism and the high carb vegan lifestyle. My boyfriend thinks it's ridiculous and that her idea is a little off but honestly I am liking it more and more.

Replies

• 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Please, please, please discuss this with your Doctor if you are considering doing this, especially considering you are pregnant and admittedly anorexic prior to getting pregnant.

• celadontea
    celadontea Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I read the 80/10/10 book and while it might have worked for the writer and his inner circle of friends as a lifestyle, it is completely unfounded on any nutritional science. It completely disregards a healthful intake of sugar content as well. If you are looking for something similar based on some substantial evidence I would look into Dr. McDougall. The only reason 80/10/10 is catching on is because Instagram works just like advertising to younger people.
  • kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Freelee looks fantastic I really enjoy her videos.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options

I hope this is sarcasm.
  • ArtsyDarling
    ArtsyDarling Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    freelee looks like a money grubbing FREAK willing to tell millions to do stupid things.
    Which she is.

I try not to judge people too harshly but I thought someone would say that. I was hoping to see the best in freelee. For the longest I thought she was the big B word and I saw other people agreeing with her and many of the things growing thats why I though maybe she was somewhat credible.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    She's found a way to make a bunch of money promoting wacko bird theories to people who don't know any better.
  • withoutasaddle
    withoutasaddle Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Her name makes me cringe and my blood boil. She's ... Awful.... But I do love the (fully) raw vegan diet and felt wonderful when I did it (almost 2 months on it) and plan to go back to it after this next week after the end of year parties.
  • suzyjane1972
    suzyjane1972 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    freelee looks like a money grubbing FREAK willing to tell millions to do stupid things.
    Which she is.

I try not to judge people too harshly but I thought someone would say that. I was hoping to see the best in freelee. For the longest I thought she was the big B word and I saw other people agreeing with her and many of the things growing thats why I though maybe she was somewhat credible.

Jim Jones was credible.....don't drink the coolaid
  • Traveler120
    Traveler120 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    What do you guys l think about veganism and the high carb vegan lifestyle. My boyfriend thinks it's ridiculous and that her idea is a little off but honestly I am liking it more and more.

I was from the school of "carbs make you fat" paleo dogma until I started seeing her and other vegans on YouTube eating lots of carbs, not starving themselves, exercising, and having really lean and fit bodies and posting great blood test results. This was hard for me to ignore and good to know because I love me some carbs.

I'm not and won't go vegan, instead I'm now on a plant-based (95%) diet with about 75% carbs and 10% fat and I exercise. It's lowered my cholesterol back to normal, my last fasting blood glucose was 70mg/dl (normal is 65-99) and I've lost 34lbs and now in maintenance at 118 lbs. So it's definitely been good for me.

There's a lot of stuff she's said that I completely disagree with, but she's not wrong on the high-carb, low-fat, plant-based diet from a health and weight perspective. I don't bother with the eating raw only till a specific time, I think that's rubbish. I think she's also said cico is irrelevant, that you should just smash in the food, and that it takes years for your body to recover, all of which is rubbish.