After 57 day streak, starting for real with a food scale

Options
chrystenfo
chrystenfo Posts: 36 Member
edited April 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
I've been on and off mfp for years. This is my longest streak. And while I am dropping weight, it's just not as consistent as it should be according to my logs.

This last month, I made one big change for the better, I started lifting! I thought I could blame that on my stall, but after educating myself, I really need to stay weighing my food.

So tomorrow it starts. My food scale will be delivered. And I will commit to changing my body, health and mind for the better!

Would love some friends to keep me accountable! Especially if you are dedicated to weighing your food!

Replies

• zombiemusicgirl
    zombiemusicgirl Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Good for you for finding ways to improve! Self improvement is rarely linear, but improving consistency is very helpful. Also - some serving sizes may be disappointing. Especially cereal (if you like that kind of thing lol).
  • charlieandcarol
    charlieandcarol Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    And pasta :( very sad
  • kalm3
    kalm3 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your streak! B) I have a similar story. I've had a MFP account for years and this is the first time I've had a real streak. I'm on day 48. Feeling that I'm eating better and moving more, but I could be doing better. Have only lost about 8lbs in all these days. I Was just online looking for food scales last night. Which one did you get? Can't wait to get mine.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Way to go :smile: you'll get your eyes opened with using a food scale!
  • nixxthirteen
    nixxthirteen Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    The food scale is what did it for me :). It's impossible to truly measure things like peanut butter by tbsp. They are so calorie dense that even a few grams makes a huge difference.

Good luck!! It's a little weird and time consuming at first, but you hit a rhythm real fast and it becomes second nature. I cook with a pen and pad of paper next to me, and to make it easier, I list all my ingredients first and fill in measurements as I go.
  • chrystenfo
    Options
    Good for you for finding ways to improve! Self improvement is rarely linear, but improving consistency is very helpful. Also - some serving sizes may be disappointing. Especially cereal (if you like that kind of thing lol).

I gave up cereal... which I love. But not enough protein or volume for my breakfast :(

It's all about changing habits :)
  • chrystenfo
    Options
    kalm3 wrote: »
    Congrats on your streak! B) I have a similar story. I've had a MFP account for years and this is the first time I've had a real streak. I'm on day 48. Feeling that I'm eating better and moving more, but I could be doing better. Have only lost about 8lbs in all these days. I Was just online looking for food scales last night. Which one did you get? Can't wait to get mine.

I found one on Amazon I liked. And I am the same, this is the longest streak I have ever had, and I am down 10 lbs, which is awesome don't get me wrong, just feel like I can do a little more, as I know the weight will only come off slower!
  • chrystenfo
    Options

We haven't been doing much pasta at home, which is sad. But I have been staying away from it because I couldn't accurately log it. So maybe I will be able to eat pasta again and finally know how much of it I am eating!
  • kuranda10
    kuranda10 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    chrystenfo wrote: »

We haven't been doing much pasta at home, which is sad. But I have been staying away from it because I couldn't accurately log it. So maybe I will be able to eat pasta again and finally know how much of it I am eating!

When I saw how little I was "allowed" to fit into my CICO model, I just stopped eating it. Wasn't worth the bother.