30 day shed?

HaleCry
HaleCry Posts: 386 Member
I have literally just ordered the 30 day shed DVD from Amazon. I don't really exercise besides walking around college and taking my dogs out, and have attempted C25K in the past but only made it to week 4.

Does anyone have any 30 day shed before and after pictures? I could do with some motivation! Also, any success stories/advice about it?
Lastly, what will I log it as in MFP when I start?

Thank you!

Replies

• LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    You will literally need to enter it as some form of HIIT and estimate how accurate that is.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Most people log it as "circuit training"
  • wonderlandpinup
    wonderlandpinup Posts: 9 Member
    I don't have photos but it helped me lose inches and tone up. As long as you are dilligent, it will help you...make sure your diet also accompanies it.
    Also when I logged it, I logged it as my own exercise because I used my heart rate monitor to see what I was burning so that there was no overestimation.
  • HaleCry
    edited April 2016
    Thank you guys :)
  • riricici
    riricici Posts: 22 Member
    I just started it too! Similar to you, i was just doing some walking as exercise, and felt i needed more,and some muscle toning. Im on day 3 today and already feel SO much better, i can feel some muscle starting. I do have a question though, are we supposed to do it every day or take a day off now and then? Last night i could hardly do the whole thing because i was so sore
  • HaleCry
    riricici wrote: »
    I just started it too! Similar to you, i was just doing some walking as exercise, and felt i needed more,and some muscle toning. Im on day 3 today and already feel SO much better, i can feel some muscle starting. I do have a question though, are we supposed to do it every day or take a day off now and then? Last night i could hardly do the whole thing because i was so sore
    [/quoted

I haven't started yet and I'll be starting next week, but I think it's recommended that if you feel like you need a rest day, then take it! You don't want to push yourself too hard and injure yourself. You're probably more likely to stick to it too if you have a rest day as you know that you can take a day off if you're too sore. Some people take about 2 months to do it... I think the accomplishment is completing it, whether it takes you 30 days or 300 (slight exaggeration but you get what I mean lol).
  • purelyjax
    purelyjax Posts: 6 Member
    Have you started yet? I have it too! I want to start with someone...just for the motivation. I did do day one just for some sort of exercise that day and seriously got an amazing workout!
  • HaleCry
    I haven't started yet, I wanted to start next Monday but it's not due to arrive until the 3rd -.-
    I'm both excited and scared to start!
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    edited April 2016
    You can find the 30 Day Shred online so you can start sooner. Check you tube or just google it and you can find a video of it. Its a great workout to help someone get into an exercise routine. Have fun! :smile:
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    it's nice to have the DVD, but i just wanted to say atleast level 1 is available for free on youtube. :) I say, start now!
  • sarochka85
    sarochka85 Posts: 103 Member
    edited April 2016
    Circuit training.

Good luck! That is the DVD that started me on my way to being really fit.

Occasionally do it for old time's sake and Level 2 can still kick my bum. Great workout DVD!

And rainbowbow is right... why not start today? It's only 25 mins. :)
  • miss_aims
    miss_aims Posts: 64 Member
    Back in the day, I did 30DS (several years ago). While I didn't stick with it long enough to allow myself to see results, the workout was no joke. Try and see if you like it! I'm thinking of going back to it.