The Woo That You Do (Or Did)

124»

Replies

• mathiseasy
    mathiseasy Posts: 165 Member
    Isagenix shakes. What a waste of money. To its credit I sure did lose weight that month but I learned zero things about portion control and staying in a calorie deficit. Once I couldn't afford the overpriced shakes, I began gaining weight and three years later here I am again at my highest weight.

Tried the master cleanse once...it was disgusting and I quit by lunch.
  • benzieboxx
    benzieboxx Posts: 253 Member
    The only "woo" I ever did was Slim Fast. Other than that I never bought any supplements because I was too broke to afford that stuff lol. I did WW for a while back when their plan was the Points Plus system but it worked for me. I never felt hungry or anything. I heard they became a lot more strict with their point allowance.

Other than that I think overall I just had no idea about CICO or basic nutrition at all. My head was filled with a lot of nonsense and instead of doing some research I let myself gain weight. I can't remember how I found MFP, think it might have been through a friend, but it's the best thing I've ever done for myself. I've learned what my body needs and how to portion out the foods that I love the most. I love my food scale!
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Totally fasting with water only ( lasted 3 days) and Slim Fast liquid diet.
    Reaaaly dumb when I was younger. Fainting was a symptom of both of those.
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    In high school, I didn't eat lunch at school for my whole freshman year. Didn't want people to see me eat. That of course just strengthened my binges. A variety of pills, with little success from college on. A stint going to the gym, I lost 25lbs, but gained it all back with friends. Lost with mfp in 2013, but didn't stick with it. Now I'm back and 109lbs lighter with 50ish to go!
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    I was around 115-120 most of my adult life. When I was out of my comfort zone at 135, I first started taking over the counter diet pills. Tried a few different ones, they (of course) didn't work, I wasted hundreds of dollars and I felt ill while taking them. Then I just ate less and started working out. Lost around 20lbs and have been maintaining my weight pretty easily once again.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    edited April 2016
    -Slim Fast
    -South Beach
    -Atkins
    -HydroxyCut
    -Green Tea pills
    -Some other fat burner that I can't remember the name of
    -Intermittent fasting in a VERY dangerous way. I was in high school. I would only eat dinner, nothing else but water all day. I was eating probably 500 calories everyday, so dumb.
    -The protein shake diet. You only drink protein shakes for a week in order to "shrink your stomach."
    -Not me personally, but a good friend of mine did Alli. I was going to try it, but she got it first. I'm glad I never got it.

ETA, forgot some:
    -The Special K diet
    -Weight Watchers (though I was successful on it, I don't agree with their program since learning calories and nutrition)
    -Some fat blasting "medical" procedure. Basically, you'd go to a spa, they'd shoot your trouble areas with some lasers, then you'd get on one of those jiggly platforms to "shake the fat out of cells." I lost 0 pounds and 0 inches.
    -The master cleanse. (The lemonade, maple syrup, cayenne pepper drink.)
    -Paleo
    -The 3-day Military Diet
  • hcdo
    hcdo Posts: 201 Member
    edited April 2016
    Thinking running every day meant I could eat whatever I wanted. And I usually did eat around 2,500 calories per day. Not good when you're 5'2"

Me too! I was so disappointed after I trained for and ran a marathon and didn't lose an ounce!

I haven't done too much woo, but I did buy that horrid dieter's tea once after seeing a woman walk away with an armload of boxes of it. (Worst case of the runs I've EVER had.) I also tried the master cleanse, and tried to eat sugar free/diabetic candy in hopes of satisfying my huge sweet tooth. I ate so much I got the second-worse case of the runs.... I've half-heartedly tried the low fat, low carb, low whatever diets in the past. Never really stuck with any of them.
  • gettinthere
    gettinthere Posts: 529 Member
    Weight watchers
    Bodywise shakes
    HCG drops
    lemonade cleanse
    Atkins
    Wheat belly
    Ideal Protein

all with short term results....

• LuckyNumbers
    LuckyNumbers Posts: 208 Member
    Sassy Water. Stupid Pinterest.

I also tried juice cleanses, South Beach, Slim-fast, and copious amounts of cardio with no diet changes. Nothing worked until I finally figured out this CICO thing with MFP. Hallelujah!