Am I too old for him?

Options

Replies

• sc487
    sc487 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    My wife is 13 years older than me. I think I was 27 when I first asked her out. We've been together 4 years. Age is just a number.
  • Yogirunner68
    Yogirunner68 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Just echoing what most have stated, if you are both happy, nuts to what anyone else might say/think. My husband is 10 years younger than me. We have been married for almost nine years now and all's well.
  • Antd420
    Antd420 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    windime wrote: »
    So I started dating this guy, very interested in him but just found out his age. He is 29, I am 37. Is he too young for me? Anyone here with a similar age gap in their relationship?

My wife is 42 and I'm 35
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    My wife and I have the same age difference. Except, in our case, I am the older. Never been a problem. 25th Anniversary coming up.
  • Lovee_Dove7
    Lovee_Dove7 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    So I started dating this guy, very interested in him but just found out his age. He is 29, I am 37. Is he too young for me? Anyone here with a similar age gap in their relationship?

I think so; those ages are two totally different phases of life.
    But we are all different, so maybe this is okay for you and him.
    It depends on your goals, expectations and mindset.
  • saramickeydee
    saramickeydee Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    We doing this now? Cool!
    My wife is so old she knew Burger King when he was just a prince.
  • saramickeydee
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    My wife is so old, she swam in the Dead Sea when it was still alive. :o

My wife is so old the last time she heard that one she was riding on her dinosaur.
  • saramickeydee
    Options
    Tapping out. Clearly a master. B)
  • wonko221
    wonko221 Posts: 292 Member
    Options

I've just started dating my girlfriend this past January. I turned 38 in March, she turns 30 in July.

Our age shows up a bit in conversation; she knows more about pop culture from the 2000s, and i know more about the 90s....

but our interests line up, we have similar senses of humor, she's smart, kind, beautiful, fierce, and i love her. She's not too young for me, and as long as she'll keep this old man around, i'm happy.
  • wonko221
    wonko221 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    mankars wrote: »

It's fine unless you both are seriously thinking to share your future (aka marriage) together.
    What if he wants kids & you don't??

Remember.... Ashton Kutcher & Demi Moore marriage fell apart mainly because she couldn't give him any kids of their own.

All the best.

I try real hard in my life not to base major decisions on, or even consider, what Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore did. It's worked well so far.
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    My husband was legally drinking when I was born.

Stop overthinking it.
  • csuhar
    csuhar Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    In general, as long as things are legal, the age gap doesn't matter. What I would expect could be problematic is more a "stage of life" difference, which is entirely dependent on the individuals involved. For example, if one member wants to keep clubbing but the other has "outgrown the club scene" and wants to focus more on picket fences than velvet ropes, that can be an issue.
  • RebeccaNaegle
    RebeccaNaegle Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I am 32. My fiancé is 48. We couldn't be happier. I love the age difference. Sometimes I might wonder if he misses women his age, but if he did I guess he'd go be with them. haha. Who cares about age if you're happy. Life is too short to worry about that. :smiley:
  • Sblunt16
    Sblunt16 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My husband was legally drinking when I was born.

Stop overthinking it.

Best response ever!! Lol

• Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    dagost17 wrote: »
    If it works, go for it. I'm going to be 31 and sadly, I have not found a mature man in the 28-31 year old range :# Hell, even the 35/36 year olds I've dated were immature!

If by mature you mean mundane and unlikely to do anything idiotic, I'm 33 and pretty much that. So we do exist, says me, the self appointed spokesman for all mundane 30+ year old males.
  • ldowdesw
    ldowdesw Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    In 100 years we'll all be dead and no one will give a toss what we did, so just get on and damn well enjoy the ride!! Every pun intended;)