Scales and measurements

Options
Shh_niqua
Shh_niqua Posts: 106 Member
How often do you weigh yourself and/or do measurements? I was thinking of doing measurements every 6 weeks and scale weight every 4 weeks? I know some people weigh weekly or even daily so is 4-6 weeks too long to wait between?

Replies

• DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Whatever you feel is best. I weigh weekly, and tbh I haven't taken measurements since Dec 29th because I keep forgetting. There's benefits to all, so whatever you decide is best for yourself. I think 4-6 weeks you'll be able to see bigger changes, but you won't be able to see fluctuations.

My best friend realized that after she eats pasta, she's always up exactly one pound the next day, and she wouldn't have realized that if she didn't weigh daily. I weigh every other day out of curiosity, but only log weekly.
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself about once every two weeks. That interval seems to work well for me: infrequent enough to smooth out the daily ups and downs, but frequent enough to keep me accountable. If 4-6 weeks seems to work for you, go for it.
  • Shh_niqua
    Options
    I'm still new to this so maybe I'll try doing measurements a little closer together...maybe bi weekly like suggested! Thank you guys!
  • RoMazola
    RoMazola Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday! Why? That's The best way to know My body, see how it reacts with certain food and also to know my ideal calories per day! If I'm doing something wrong, next day I'll see in the scale, so I can fix it right away! Works for me cuz I already dropped 7.5 lb in 13 days :)
  • Shh_niqua
    Options
    RoMazola wrote: »
    I weigh myself everyday! Why? That's The best way to know My body, see how it reacts with certain food and also to know my ideal calories per day! If I'm doing something wrong, next day I'll see in the scale, so I can fix it right away! Works for me cuz I already dropped 7.5 lb in 13 days :)

Way to go girl! I don't want to become obsessive with the scale which is why I'm unsure about a daily weigh in but I see why most would do that. Do you weigh at the same time and same clothing everyday?
  • EddieP50
    EddieP50 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I weigh every Monday morning after the bathroom and before eating or drinking anything. Always wear the same type of clothing and shoes also so their weight is consistent.
  • jennypapage
    jennypapage Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    i weigh once a week and take measurements every two weeks.
  • JustAnotherOneOfThoseGirls
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning to keep a mental track of what foods make me retain water, what makes me bloat etc etc, but don't pay too much attention to daily changes. I only log/write down my weight numbers once a week, usually the morning after a rest day at the gym, to see an overall trend/improvement. Measurements I only take when I can see/feel a difference, like if my jeans fit a little better, etc.
  • RoMazola
    RoMazola Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning wearing only underwear. I got frustrated cuz 2 days in a roll instead of losing 0.7lb as usual, i dropped only 0.2 for 2 consecutive days, so,I analyzed my last meals and made some changes yesterday, the result? - 1.1lb this morning! You are right about the obsession "state" and I'm kinda obsess with this app, hope it's a good thing :) Have a great day and keep strong girl!
    Shh_niqua wrote: »

Way to go girl! I don't want to become obsessive with the scale which is why I'm unsure about a daily weigh in but I see why most would do that. Do you weigh at the same time and same clothing everyday?