First week Sucess now not so good

Options
Hi. I am 167kg and 197 cm tall.
I am eating healthy and exercising twice daily. I have been eating the amount of calories my fitness pal recommends me and the first week I lost three kilos. The second and third week I've lost nothing and even gained a kilogram back. Just wondering what could be causing this and is this normal. Thanks

Replies

• Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    Yes, it is normal. However do you measure all your food with a digital scale? It is possible to happen but it is also possible you are not measuring and/or logging completely accurately. If you're as precise as you can then maybge just a short stall which will go away.
  • Jules221
    Jules221 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Could be the exercising twice a day. Causes stress on the body and water retention. Not only that, but when you build muscle you will find your weight will not come off as quickly as muscle weighs more but is more compact and takes less space. In 2014 I found an article stating weight loss is 75% diet, 25% exercise. So it does not matter how much you exercise if you are not eating the right combination of foods you will not lose weight.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    Jules221 wrote: »
    Could be the exercising twice a day. Causes stress on the body and water retention. Not only that, but when you build muscle you will find your weight will not come off as quickly as muscle weighs more but is more compact and takes less space. In 2014 I found an article stating weight loss is 75% diet, 25% exercise. So it does not matter how much you exercise if you are not eating the right combination of foods you will not lose weight.
    Don't know where to start on that...
    You can't build muscle if you eat on deficit.
    These percentages are arbitrary. Weight loss is calories in calories out. What percent of eating to exercises you use to make that happen is a personal choice.
    The combination of foods matters not. What matters is the amount of calories in the food.
  • CaSsCuTeRz
    CaSsCuTeRz Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    A very similar thing was happening to me because at first I was losing weight and then I started exercising and I noticed that I gained like 6 pounds. I couldn't understand why because I was doing a deficit of calories and I was burning calories. Now it's been 2 weeks and I've continued with the deficit of calories and exercising and I've noticed that my muscles are no longer sore and that now the scale starting to slowly go down. I guess it is a form of water retention. If you're like me that never used to exercise and all of a sudden put your body into shock then your body will retain water because its using the water to fuel the muscles that are sore because you're stretching them. Give it some time. Don't let the scale take away your motivation. I think what you should do is get the measuring tape and measure parts of your body and take pictures because pictures don't lie and in two weeks see the pictures. If the scale hasn't gone down see if your belly has gone down and your arms and your legs and that's when it will make all the difference because remember muscle weighs more than fat because its dense. Also beware of calorie creep that made me plateau for a month! And don't eat extra calories because you burned them if you don't need too.