Anyone around 5 feet tall and around 170?

Options
TswvNplooj
TswvNplooj Posts: 60 Member
Just started and can use a friend and advice. Please share your story with me. Thank you.

Replies

• Jules221
    Jules221 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    5'4" - 180.3 pounds - goal is 140-145
  • TswvNplooj
    Options
    Jules221 wrote: »
    5'4" - 180.3 pounds - goal is 140-145

Thank you, I'm 5 feet and started yesterday at 172. Goal is 120.
  • tami10291
    tami10291 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"3. I am currently 196.6lbs :/ my goal weight is 125.
  • RoMazola
    RoMazola Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    5"4 started 2 weeks ago at 183. Currently 174.4. Goal 140.
  • TswvNplooj
    Options
    tami10291 wrote: »
    I'm 5"3. I am currently 196.6lbs :/ my goal weight is 125.

Good luck Tami. Did you just started too?
  • TswvNplooj
    Options
    RoMazola wrote: »
    5"4 started 2 weeks ago at 183. Currently 174.4. Goal 140.

Wow, nice lose in two weeks.
  • bronx3140
    bronx3140 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 (and a half!!!!) at 178 and my goal is 145. I was probably 130-135 for most of my adulthood but I'll be happy to get to 145, which looks and feels good.
    Thanks for starting this thread. It helps to have a sense of what others in a similar situation are struggling/succeeding with.
    I've been on 1,500 calories for two weeks but since I didn't weigh myself right before I started (I suspect I had gained a few pounds in the week or two before) my weight has stayed the same, I probably lost two or three pounds since starting. I was 186 two months ago so I have lost a few pounds, but it's been creeping along because I've been lacking the willpower and drive that I used to have before I put the weight on.
    At this point I'm just trying to stay accountable for what I eat, because I know all too well that the pounds will just keep piling on if I don't pay attention. I'll have to start working out; if I did it half as much as I think about it I'd be a hard body by now. Haha. Ugh.

Good luck you guys, and keep up the amazing work, RoMazola! Really inspirational, thanks for sharing.
  • TswvNplooj
    Options
    bronx3140 wrote: »
    I'm 5'3 (and a half!!!!) at 178 and my goal is 145. I was probably 130-135 for most of my adulthood but I'll be happy to get to 145, which looks and feels good.
    Thanks for starting this thread. It helps to have a sense of what others in a similar situation are struggling/succeeding with.
    I've been on 1,500 calories for two weeks but since I didn't weigh myself right before I started (I suspect I had gained a few pounds in the week or two before) my weight has stayed the same, I probably lost two or three pounds since starting. I was 186 two months ago so I have lost a few pounds, but it's been creeping along because I've been lacking the willpower and drive that I used to have before I put the weight on.
    At this point I'm just trying to stay accountable for what I eat, because I know all too well that the pounds will just keep piling on if I don't pay attention. I'll have to start working out; if I did it half as much as I think about it I'd be a hard body by now. Haha. Ugh.

Good luck you guys, and keep up the amazing work, RoMazola! Really inspirational, thanks for sharing.

I am in the same boat, need motivation to exercise. I get on the treadmill and just stare at the clock. This site has help alot but being asain my food intake is different than most on this site. I find tracking the calories the hardest. I am married with 4 kids and work a full time job so it's hard to find me time. I also cook alot but cooking things that the family will eat so it's hard to use low-fat recipes. I'm struggling but hanging on. Thank you for sharing.
  • laura9400
    laura9400 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    5 ft 1.5 in 170 pounds.
  • laura9400
    Options
    GaoleeYaj wrote: »

I am in the same boat, need motivation to exercise. I get on the treadmill and just stare at the clock. This site has help alot but being asain my food intake is different than most on this site. I find tracking the calories the hardest. I am married with 4 kids and work a full time job so it's hard to find me time. I also cook alot but cooking things that the family will eat so it's hard to use low-fat recipes. I'm struggling but hanging on. Thank you for sharing.

I find watching tv, listening to music or reading helps the time go faster on the treadmill. Also just getting used to it. The first few times back on it stink, but then it gets better.
  • TswvNplooj
    Options
    laura9400 wrote: »

I find watching tv, listening to music or reading helps the time go faster on the treadmill. Also just getting used to it. The first few times back on it stink, but then it gets better.

Thank you. How much have you lost?
  • laura9400
    Options

Sadly nothing. I've had trouble keeping my calories in check. I need to buckle down more.
  • Katiekate64
    Katiekate64 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 2 in have lost 15 lbs in just over 3 months, have a fit bit, walking at least 12,500 steps a day, more often than not I do about 15,000 or better. Started at 168 first goal is 145. Eating 12 to 1400 a day. I am thrilled with my progress. CICO is the magic bullet!!!
  • TswvNplooj
    Options

Sadly nothing. I've had trouble keeping my calories in check. I need to buckle down more.

That's okay as long as you keep going.
  • TswvNplooj
    Options
    I'm 5ft 2 in have lost 15 lbs in just over 3 months, have a fit bit, walking at least 12,500 steps a day, more often than not I do about 15,000 or better. Started at 168 first goal is 145. Eating 12 to 1400 a day. I am thrilled with my progress. CICO is the magic bullet!!!

That's motivating. Thank u. Which fitbit do u have? Thinking about getting one too.
  • Katiekate64
    Katiekate64 Posts: 30 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

That's motivating. Thank u. Which fitbit do u have? Thinking about getting one too.

I have the zip, I love it, it doesn't do heart rate etc... steps, distance , calories. It is working for me now I am happy with it. It really keeps me motivated.

• tigger9759
    tigger9759 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 1.5" and started at 172; I'm losing around 1-1.5 per week with a goal weight of 130 although I'll reevaluate as time goes on. The majority of my adult life was spent at 115 but I doubt I'm getting back there! I also have/use a fitbit but CICO has been the difference maker along with weighing every single thing on a food scale. If I don't meal plan and prep i won't be as successful. I have 4 kids, a set of all boy triplets and a 4th boy, and also work full time as a single mom so my time is precious to me so I do lots of meals in bulk or try to plan multi use items. Like yesterday I grilled a few pounds of chicken that today I portioned out into various lunches and dinners for the upcoming week
  • holliesterr
    holliesterr Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    tigger9759 wrote: »
    I'm 5' 1.5" and started at 172; I'm losing around 1-1.5 per week with a goal weight of 130 although I'll reevaluate as time goes on. The majority of my adult life was spent at 115 but I doubt I'm getting back there! I also have/use a fitbit but CICO has been the difference maker along with weighing every single thing on a food scale. If I don't meal plan and prep i won't be as successful. I have 4 kids, a set of all boy triplets and a 4th boy, and also work full time as a single mom so my time is precious to me so I do lots of meals in bulk or try to plan multi use items. Like yesterday I grilled a few pounds of chicken that today I portioned out into various lunches and dinners for the upcoming week

Thats amazing tigger!

As for me I am about 5' and I started out at 170lbs in January, and I'm down to almost 160 now. Its slow going but I find meal prepping and exercise is key.
  • leskilos
    leskilos Posts: 1 Member
    Options

• NAbramovich
    NAbramovich Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm 5' and started at 185 in November. I'm now 166. I think my goal is 125 but I may reevaluate once I'm closer. I also use a fitbit and up my steps when it gets too easy to make the minimum. I started at 10,000 steps and now I'm up to 15,500 each day.