Paleo Nutrition Breakdown

Options
Does anyone know what the nutritional percentage breakdown is for the paleo diet?

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I think it varies. Paleo gives you the basic foods to eat, then you decide how to implement it.

That being said, most seem to do moderate to a bit higher protein with moderate to low carbs. Fat seems moderate to high. As a generalisation, I would say carbs are usually less than 30%, and protein is 20-30%... My best guess.

I eat basically a primal diet (I include full fat dairy) but I am in ketosis so my carbs are very low, and my fat is high. That's just how I set up my macros.
  • sunshinenixon4412
    sunshinenixon4412 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, Ive been doing this now for 2mth and feel great. On training days I aim for 50% protein, 20% carb and 30% fat.
    On rest days I go for 55% Protein, 10% carb and 35% fat. Feeling great and have adopted a couple of new high protein products into my diet. Feeling great after the initial carb withdrawal headaches.
  • AndiJH
    AndiJH Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    On rest days I go for 55% Protein, 10% carb and 35% fat. Feeling great and have adopted a couple of new high protein products into my diet.
    Hi! How do you reach your protein goals without going over your carbs/fat macros? I've been trying to get my protein intake up, but always end up going over my other macros in order to make that happen...any advice/product recs welcome!!
    Thanks!
  • floridagirl7264
    floridagirl7264 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Thank you sunshine. I was thinking the same thing, but I wasn't sure. I've been doing a lot of research on the paleo diet. I think it may finally end the yo-yoing my weight has been doing for the last 7 years. I am, however, having trouble letting go of the low-fat low-calorie way of thinking. But all of the research comes back to paleo and I think it may be the answer for me.
  • floridagirl7264
    floridagirl7264 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »

Carbs good, good fat is good, excess of calories no matter what diet you decide to follow is not. I am mostly paleo and mostly whole30 all the time but still very aware of the calories I eat.

Yes, I do plan on counting my calories. I just want to try paleo in the hopes that I can get some of this stubborn fat off. I do exercise 5-6 days a week at my gym, but it's not going to do any good if I can't clean up my diet.