Vegan Lunches?!

Options
georgieamber2
georgieamber2 Posts: 229 Member
Hi!! I go to college and the food they sell is literally SO UNHEALTHY and they have no vegan options anyway!

Replies

• ericatoday
    ericatoday Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Theres lots of options. But im more of a dinner person but i guess if you cut the portion they would make good lunches.

Pulled "pork" bbq sandwiches using jackfruit
    Lentile tacos
    Vegan chili using vegan meat crumbles
    Veggie soups
    Tofu wrap
    Black bean burgers
    Seitan beef and broccoli stir fry
    Vegan meat loaf

Im sire they have a vegan food app

Im not vegan but i do have meatless days. I usually look for recipes on the app yummly for all my healthy meals. They have all sorts of stuff and ive gotten vegan meals from there too including vegan raw cakes that are amazing.
  • georgieamber2
    georgieamber2 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much! x
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I am obsessed with Domestic Geek's Meal Prep Ideas. She just did a Vegan Meal Prep Video. I am making the soup and spring rolls this week. Here is the link: https://youtube.com/watch?v=ualc3bzMsC8
  • MlleKelly
    MlleKelly Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Check out BudgetBytes.com. There's a whole section dedicated to vegetarian/vegan recipes and you can adjust a lot of the other recipes to make them vegan/vegetarian. Plus, as a college student, the recipes will help you stretch your food budget. The recipes are easy and delicious, plus big enough for you to make multiple servings to either freeze or just eat as leftovers.

I'm making the Slow-Cooker Black Bean Soup for my lunches this week...completely vegan and ridiculously tasty. Just dump all of the ingredients into a slow cooker for a few hours then blend it. I can eat it every day for lunch with a few servings leftover for my husband. Add some avocado and green onion before serving...mmm.....drool.
  • MerciBourgogne
    MerciBourgogne Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just found this recipe and it's soooooo good and easy to make:

http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/marinated-mushroom-sweet-potato-tacos/

I recommend halving the cayenne, or leaving it out entirely if you're not into spicy, and using 2 cloves of garlic in place of the garlic powder in the marinade. You can find a vegan worcestershire sauce.

I got the mushrooms marinating and after they'd marinated for an hour, I baked the potatoes. I ate it with fresh avocado and corn tortillas.

I really like this recipe because the mushrooms are kinda spicy and tangy, the sweet potato is kind of sweet and creamy and cuts the tanginess of the mushrooms down a bit, and the avocado is really bright and fresh. it's just a really good combination of flavors.
  • valeriexsmith
    valeriexsmith Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You could do a tostada with toasted flour tortilla, black or refrained beans, lettuce, tomatoe, avocado, salsa and other vegan toppings of your choice.

Oriental salad: 16oz bag coleslaw, frozen peas, green onion and oriental ramen noodles plus flavor pack. Make the dressing with packet of oriental flavor mix, 4 tablespoons sugar, 6 tablespoons of olive oil, and 4 tablespoons of vinegar. Mix up and add more or less sugar and vinegar to your tastes. Use the ramen noodle for a little crunch. You can make this for like 2-3 days worth. Put in containers and only use like 1-2 tablespoons of dressing and shake.

Spring rolls, fried rice, bean burrito, frito salad with seitan crumbles, hummus and snap peas and carrots, chopped cucumber and cherry tomatoes with fresh basil, a little sea salt and a little oil and red wine vinegar with a side of some triscuits.

Roasted veggies with brown rice, pasta with marinara sauce...

Check out these websites: oh she glows, minimalist baker,
  • bumsa2016
    bumsa2016 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I love mock tuna salad: chickpeas-mashed, vegan mayo, relish, mustard, spices, celery
    You can add in what you want but I love this. It's even better when it sits in fridge for awhile.
    Pinterest also has great ideas.
    You can also make your own black bean burgers and freeze them.
  • kboaz1967
    kboaz1967 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    A super easy meal when you're in a hurry is toast with avocado on it, or beans and corn topped with pico de gallo!