usmc01462 Posts: 1,944 Member
    Options
    who cares as long as your happy and he is an adult
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    windime wrote: »
    So I started dating this guy, very interested in him but just found out his age. He is 29, I am 37. Is he too young for me? Anyone here with a similar age gap in their relationship?

Does it bother you, does it bother him? That's all that matters really.
  • paige1435
    paige1435 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 19 and my boyfriend will be 26 in September. My mom is 42 and her husband is 32. Age is just a number :)
  • nash_ap
    nash_ap Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    windime wrote: »
    So I started dating this guy, very interested in him but just found out his age. He is 29, I am 37. Is he too young for me? Anyone here with a similar age gap in their relationship?

My wife is older than me by 18 years, and we've been married for 5. Who cares about the number; it's the personality and the looks that count :).
  • barbara3213
    barbara3213 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    My husband married his first wife when he was 27 and she was 60. Not rich or attractive, I guess it was love. Lasted I over 25 years. There's a ton more to the story but I won't go into it here.
  • namlaloca1
    namlaloca1 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Nickle526 wrote: »
    I think an age gap can be a problem if people are in completely different stages of life, such as one person still wanting kids, and the other one is done having children. I had a relationship with a significant age gap, and the biggest issue is that since my ex had much more life experience, he felt that it gave him permission to basically treat me like a child and not let me figure things out on my own and make my own choices. But I don't think an age gap is a problem by itself :)

I agreed with this wholeheartedly. Stage of life and not being treated as an equal is where age gaps have issues. But also think that when you're in your late 20s is where age gaps can become a little wider, as in dating older. Think early 20s and younger (from personal experience and from others) is when dating at a significant age gap of 5-10 or greater could be an issue long term.
  • gohawks1988
    gohawks1988 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Half your age plus seven is the rule generally... So 37 / 2 = 18.5+7=25.5 So he's 27...you're cool. :smile:
  • SFBMCBuck
    SFBMCBuck Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    A guy should never get involved with an older woman. As a matter of fact she should be half his age +5.
  • LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,952 Member
    Options
    yes your too old.... for any man.... start buying cats
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Age is really not important, it's maturity and expectations that count. My first girlfriend after I turned 18 was 32 and it was definitely the best experience of my young life. We broke up because she was more immature than I was. Every woman I've dated after that, except one, has been at least 10 years older than me. The only woman I dated in my age range was way too immature and insecure for me and lasted less than 2 months.