Just another mom trying to get fit...help!

Options
I'm 36 yrs old 5' 2" and I'm bigger than I was full term with my first kid. I'm at 178 lbs. help!

Replies

• karmaefit86
    karmaefit86 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! It's going to be tough! But all of us here have that in common. Nobody will let you fall!
  • kris10cass
    kris10cass Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have a 2 year old.. I gained my weight AFTER baby. Ugh. Finally got serious in this January. Start with getting your food under control -- portion control. The only workouts I've been getting in is walking my daughter. My summer starts soon so I am hoping to get my daughter signed up for the day care at my gym.
  • laura9400
    laura9400 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5 ft 2in and creeping up on my highest pregnant weight. You can do this.
  • astoundingamber
    astoundingamber Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 246lbs and a mother of 1. Actually smaller than I was in highschool, but definitely in need of some help and motivation! Please add me
  • TBrackRN
    TBrackRN Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! Coming up on 35 next month, mom of 2, work full-time. In February I was 172 which is a weight I've never been except when having babies. I'm down to 157 and struggling with motivation to keep it going. It's sooooo hard to balance it all. My goal is 140 and that seems so far away!
  • Marshmella
    Marshmella Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Ok ladies lets get our weight under control. Lets squeeze 30min-1hr of Zumba on YouTube. Post your fav songs to dance to.
  • Marshmella
    Options
    I like this set of five songs.. Check out boom boom pow with Shani McGraham-Sherley, Calabria Zumba Routine, I'm into you J Lo Zumba Routine, Click Yu Finga Zumba Routine and Letting Go-Dutty Love Sean Kingston Zumba Routin. These are all with the same group of girls.
  • MrsHull840
    MrsHull840 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm a 5'5" homeschooling mom of two. My youngest is 7 and I just kept piling on on top of the baby weight. I joined MFP a week ago and have been doing c25k, but I like the idea of doing Zumba on my rest days.
  • jbenson0513
    jbenson0513 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and a mother of 2. I gained 80 pounds my first pregnancy because the Drs didn't know I had Rhuematoid Arthritis. I didn't even know. But my system reacted strangely. After my daughter I lost 50 of those pounds only to get pregnant with my son. Now my children are a bit older and I'm trying to get heathy and fit! It's been a struggle to do it with my busy schedule but I'm finally making time for me. Now to focus on the goal. My health. Hoping other mothers can relate to the weight gain and struggle at least and desire for a fit healthy body.
  • Marshmella
    Options
    *MrsHull840* I was thinking of homeschooling my youngest but I'm scared I will end up getting heavier cause then I really won't have any time for me ever. My oldest is 8 and we just found out she is dyslexic, I might pull her out of school too but not till next year. I want to see how it goes with my 4 yr old first.
  • Marshmella
    Options
    *jbenson0513* it sucks that pregnancy changes everything about our bodies. I loved lettuce lots and lots of lettuce before....sadly now it makes me very gassy... This eating health salads scares me. Lol if you know what I mean.
  • Linzon
    Linzon Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom of 2 and just had my 1-year MFP anniversary, 33lbs down and about 9 to go! Feel free to add me :)
  • Marshmella
    Options
    *Linzon* wow great job! That's a lot of weight so it must have been a lot of work and sacrifice.
  • jbenson0513
    jbenson0513 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Did well today ladies....made myself move a bit more,held myself accountable for my eat cheats and got a schedule together I feel hopeful about...feeling accomplished
  • Marshmella
    Options
    *jbenson0513* awesome! Great job with putting a schedule together. I should work on one for myself. I tend to be more of an on the spot decision making person with a bit of pre planing. When it comes to eating though it doesn't work so great....I'm a disaster.
  • fit4itall
    fit4itall Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    34 y.o mom of 2 here. Open diary, so feel free to add and look at it for ideas whenever!
  • InfoomaousTete
    InfoomaousTete Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    42 here and I've been trying to lose this baby weight for 20 years! Haha. I was 178 the day I delivered my second son and in 19 years I've only seen that weight twice. It's a struggle I completely understand. Feel free to add, always looking for more support!!
  • PaigeMed
    PaigeMed Posts: 27 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    33 year old mom of three girls. Been at this for a few months now and am finally feeling good about myself. Down 20 pounds with a few more to go! Some days I get discouraged feeling like my belly fat will never go away but I keep chugging along! I do low carb, and started out with 20 carbs or less a day. After about a month I kicked it up to 50 or less. Now I can hardly make myself eat 75 or more. I try to stay within 1500-1600 calories a day. I get in at least 30 minutes interval training a day on the treadmill. Seems to work for me but I'm definitely in a rut right now so trying to think of what to do to change it up. My downfall is my sweet tooth! Thankfully I've found tons of low carb recipes and that helps!

Feel free to add me!
  • kbb0221
    kbb0221 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a mom of 2. My dd is 3 and my son is 15 months. After my son was born I lost about 12 pounds but since gained it all back. Looking for motivation!