Weight loss belt

Options
I have just bought a weight loss belt, has anyone used one, and is there any point.

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    No and no...

Go get your money back.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,410 Member
    Options
    Nope. What do you expect this thing to do? Fat is reduced by reducing calories. Do you think that wearing a belt over your belly will make you eat less?
  • RosieRose7673
    RosieRose7673 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    What is a weight loss belt? :s
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Does the belt make you consume less calories? Because that's the only way to lose weight, is to consume less calories than your body needs to maintain its current weight.

Return it and get your money back. Next time, research something before purchasing it, and don't buy anything based on fads or trends or pushed on facebook or IG, etc.
  • Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    What is a weight loss belt? :s

Something that will make you sweat around the waist and do nothing else.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    The most it will do is reduce your water weight creating the appearance of weight loss. Get yo money back
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    mizzfloyd wrote: »
    I have just bought a weight loss belt, has anyone used one, and is there any point.

Why didn't you ask this before you bought it
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    No and no...

Go get your money back.

^^THIS^^ Who did you buy it FROM? A Beachbody coach? An "it works" wrap coach?
  • jen_bush
    jen_bush Posts: 679 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    THE BEST WEIGHT LOSS TIP - THERE ARE NO QUICK FIXES. You didn't gain it in a week, don't expect to lose it in a week. Anything that sounds too good to be true, probably is.
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,263 Member
    Options
    Wait. You're asking AFTER buying it?
  • MrsHull840
    MrsHull840 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine used something similar to target the lower part of his tummy and butt. He wore it while working out only and maintained a good diet. Essentially, it helped to shrink that area, which is what he desired. However, if you are not changing your diet and fitness routine, any loss will pop back once you stop using it.
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    my weight belt helps me lose weight, because when it gets super tight i know its time to cut back on the snacks a little.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    SonyaCele wrote: »
    my weight belt helps me lose weight, because when it gets super tight i know its time to cut back on the snacks a little.

Wait! I have that same belt!
  • Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    MrsHull840 wrote: »
    A friend of mine used something similar to target the lower part of his tummy and butt. He wore it while working out only and maintained a good diet. Essentially, it helped to shrink that area, which is what he desired. However, if you are not changing your diet and fitness routine, any loss will pop back once you stop using it.

No it didn't. It was the diet and exercising.
  • tns56364
    tns56364 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Haha yeah I got one of these belts. But I got it for different reasons though. First of all, I didn't pay a dime for it cuz I got it from a friend that thought it was a miracle worker (which obviously it's not) so she was going to just throw it away. Second, I have a very jiggly belly so I use it only when I do workouts that require lots jumping or running motion (jumping jacks or running) just so I don't feel my flab moving as much. I also double up my sports bra too. I just dont like the feel of my body parts bouncing. I'm weird like that. Little by little my fat is going away but only due to diet and exercise not some silly belt that "melts" off fat. Before I know it my jiggly belly will be diminished and the belt will proceed to make its way to the trash.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    lol I commented some of these same things that the other posters posted here and I was banned from the pages of these weight loss belts,and deleted my comments. so that to me proves that they dont want the truth to be told they just want to cash in on people wanting a quick fix and believe it will work.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    andysport1 wrote: »

If you use the belt only it will take approx. 2312 hours of use to build 1lb of muscle so about 23 years
    Good luck

Wait... a mere 23 years?!?!?

78yy58d0qjrm.jpg

• amybugfit
    amybugfit Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    It'll make you sweat around your waist area and appear smaller... but once you rehydrate it'll just replace that lost water.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Is it the kind that goes around a refrigerator and has a lock with it? Otherwise no help.